View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:23 AM   #33
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Installed my drives and my cages. This required some bending the two pieces that make up the drive cage recievers. The powdercoat altered the dimensions enough for the already VERY tight cages to become impossible to insert w\o modification. Believe me, I had to use combination of rubber gripped plyers and a small hammer to get my slot load DVD back out . No problem though, as its rated for lots of non-operating shock :duh: :P

Nice reflection of my camera above the dvdrom. The drive rails and cages all got gloss black while the rest of the case got matte black. The gloss shows finger prints, but the flat textured doesn't show them nearly as easily.

PSU plate. Lovely contrast between flat black and gloss.

Check out the reflection in the bottom of the PSU (Painted a few months ago, obviously). The mesh and all the black, all the reflections, its all just melting into one. Look into the black and see nothing /wierdvoice.

Installed my drives. Even with the rubber dampers installed in the case they are still a bit noisy, so somewhere down the line I'd like to make a hard drive waterblock, as well as an enclosure w\ lots of sound insulation to house them.

Comments??? Feedback please
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote