View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:25 AM   #34
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Since I'm waiting (I hate this fsck()ing waiting game) for my 3.06B P4 chip to arrive, I haven't done a full restuff of the chassis. I did do some wire management (aka fun with zipties) and reinstall the motherboard, though.

Wires ziptied into the back of the mobo tray, and useless lines hidden. I didn't clip it because as long as I've had this PSU... well, its sentimental. Why cripple a perfectly good (and in fact, my first respectable) PSU for future use when I can just hide the cable.

120mm Polished Aluminum L1A installed w\ E-A-R mounts (obtained from mcmaster-carr). These were a piece of cake to install once I sprayed them down with some of my high-viscosity silicon. Its the same stuff I use in my paintball gun, doesn't wear away like oil.

Believe it or not, my NIC is under the SCSI card. Nice and small

As you can see, the SCSI card is green . The nic is a light shade of blue, but you don't see it. I'm not sure if there are enough heat-producing components on the SCSI card (Adaptec 29160) to screw things up if I were to apply some faux carbon-fiber vinyl to the back of it. Or maybe I'll make a plexi shield that sits on top of all the expansion cards. Who knows... more ideas to percolate.

I hope you enjoyed this (tiny) update
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote