View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2002, 07:17 PM   #106
Bruno Facca
Cooling Neophyte

I'm working my ass off to get 15-20 blocks ready in a couple of weeks, I know it's not much but it's a start. I'm also talking to some people who may do part of thre finishing work (sanding) for me so I would be able to produce much more in a smaller ammount of time, because sanding is what takes most time. So far things are running smoothly.

I got a problem about measuring temperatures. The setup from benchtest.com I told you I made to measure the temps had too much fluctuation and I couldn't calibrate it because I couldn't think of any ways to provide 3 constant temps for calibrating the thermistors, one of them could be my reservoir once the temp is stabilized, I tried 0ºC as the low temp but the 50K thermistor went nuts, values fluctuating from top to bottom, also insulating the thermistors so they don't get wet (even using a finger from a silicone glove) will probably insulate some of the heat too so I had no success trying to calibrate it. I'm trying toi get my hands on a digidoc 5 but that damn thing is very expensive here. If you have any ideas to help me with this temp measurement stuff please post them or else I'll probably go crazy over this. I really want some accurate C/W numbers .

@MadDogMe: In the next batch, the one I plan on having by a couple of weeks there will be a place for the head of the screws, I already did one block like this and it looks much better. About the allen bolts, they're very unusual here in brazil so it would be hard to implement them.
That idea for the holes looks nice, Ã*t's hard to do something like that but I'll see if I can do it.

Thanks
Bruno Facca
Bruno Facca is offline   Reply With Quote