View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #102
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Yea I lucked out on the cpu to a certain degree, I've had it to close to 2.6 but needed the water to be under 22c for that to be stable, so I knocked it back a bit. Your block is quite a bit larger than mine, and you have double my flow rate, so yours had better be getting lower temps. I'm running a 15L res, so those temps are related to the water temp before it got the chance to heat up the water. I don't fold or anything (shame on me) so my cpu is idle most of the time.

so what was your coolant to load delta? mines 13c, if from the data in your earlier post (30c water, 45c load) you have a delta of 15 with a higher V-core, that sounds about right.That data still correct?

[edit] the way I see it, is that we're both getting close to the limit of what can be done with straight water, we either have to chill the water, or try and reduce the delta between the water and cpu, I'm tempted to try direct die but I'm too chicken at this stage, add to that that I think the cpu-heatspreader interface may be the limiting factor...[/edit]

Last edited by Volenti; 06-15-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Volenti is offline   Reply With Quote