View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #203
Alchemy
Cooling Savant

bigben2k, you flatter me to suggest I could actually absorb all this information and have any useful information to offer in enough time to be of any service.

This design is more a mechanical engineering issue than a chemical engineering issue. With the sort of complex flow patterns you're discussing, I wouldn't be able to offer up much more than educated guesses about the design.

I suppose I could come up with some estimated performance specs given a number of conditions. That wouldn't take too long, but I'd need some more information before I started.

My current concern with this design is that the fins don't seem to disrupt the flow much, and will probably impede turbulence rather than improve it.

This isn't a bad thing, really. It might make a very effective high-flow-rate block.

Anyway, if you could give me the following info I could get started:

1) Estimated flow rates

2) Estimated heat dissipation (I'd assume ~100 watts)

3) Some info about the top mating piece for the block - at least enough to tell me something about the channels. I'm having trouble determining the current design and dimensions of the channels from your posts.

I'm a bit busy this week, so it may take a few days before I can get to work on this, but I hope whatever I find is helpful.

Alchemy
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote