View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2004, 02:38 AM   #18
SlaterSpeed
Cooling Savant

Attualy the german watercooling systems do bare a striking resemblance to the Porsche 911 series.

If you know much about what makes a car handle well you will soon see that the 911 is totaly the wrong design (ie. it has the engine in the back when it should be in the middle!) This is very like the germans low flow rate design because we all know higher flow will work better.

In the case of the 911 over the many years of developement they have managed to make it handle 'as well' as the other top super cars on the market and much the same thing i happening with watercooling, the germans are taking the flawed low flow design and optimising it to such a point that its getting close to being 'as good' as a USA design.

You cannot argue that the 911 does not handle well however it is still a flawed design and the wrong way to build a fast car! and i feel exactly the same way about the low flow type of watercooling. What i dont understand is why germans insist on doing it this way? because to my mind its and idiotic way to design something. why dont they start off with a high flow system and optimise that?

'Liquified'
SlaterSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote