View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #98
Since87
Pro/Guru - Uber Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Groth
I've been using LTSpice.
I'll check it out. I use Orcad at work. There is a "student" version that's downloadable but it's extremely limited, and would be unethical for me to use anyway due to the 'student use only' language.

Quote:
Bring it on...I've more enthusiasm than knowledge and experience.
Great, I've got more knowledge and experience than enthusiasm. Maybe if pHaestus has more money than brains, the three of us can get something pretty cool put together.

Actually, it sounds like your general electronics knowledge is very good. I've been working for a power measurement instrumentation company for the last 10 years. I've got too much experience at this for it to be much fun, but I want to see more graphs out of pHaestus, so I'll put the effort in.

Perhaps the three of us could do something like:

Groth and I work out a design that produces a voltage output scaled for use with the MAX6655's 3.3V A/D input. (Need an accuracy target. I'd suggest +/-1% max from 10C to 50C. The MAX6655 will add +/-1.5%.)

pHaestus pays for the parts to build two of these. One for himself and one for Groth.

Groth builds the two circuits.

I calibrate the two circuits, and do any mods required to get them in spec. (I'll even temp chamber test them.)

Are you two interested in an arrangement along these lines?
Since87 is offline   Reply With Quote