View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2003, 02:52 PM   #11
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Your misadventures are worse than mine!

Our property is new, but come to find out that it was previously used as a sales office in our subdivision (the double phone jacks labeled "modem" and "fax" were a dead giveaway). Now I'm guessing that they quit using it as an office some time ago, because there are ants everywhere, and I mean everywhere! (stomp! there goes another one.)

The house is a modular/pre-fab "thing", and obviously, it shifted throughout the past year, to the point where some doors don't close right, if at all.

But there's a nice warranty package that should take care of everything (the list is much longer).

Otherwise, I've got to deal with a septic system, keeping it fed with chlorine regularly (1 lb pucks per month, where a 10 lb bucket of pucks costs $54!), but it has the advantage of keeping the grass watered (if you want to call it grass!).

My watercooling experience is actually helping! I have to raise the sprinkler heads, because they got burried in the shifting dirt, so I'm going to use a PVC extension, as I found when looking for airtrap parts. No digging required.

Now I've got to get enough money together to finish this garage, add electrical wiring to it (it has NONE!) for a bunch of outlets, an AC plug, and some lighting. Then I can add a drill press, a lathe, a table saw, a router table, and the rest of my tools which I'll have shipped here from Canada.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote