View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #65
feathers
Cooling Neophyte

Unfortunatly I have developed this argumentative attitude from posting at one particular off-topic forum elsewhere (We argue on everything from pieces of cheese to metaphysics).

I suppose it's a good way to relieve stress sometimes (but of course it can be very stressful in itself).

The time spent arguing on this forum has already caused me to re-think many issues (and so for all of the bickering - I still see it as being valuable/useful/enlightening).

I believe that one of the reasons I get so angry is because my business really has been working very well over the past few years. We have sold a lot of peltiers and during that time have had to replace only one unit (returned as DOA).

We've always received positive comments from customers (until the past 4 weeks or so). One customer using a 130W with heatsink/fan was expecting temperatures below ambient (although there have been many things which needed changing/re-wording we have always made it clear that air-cooled pelts simply don't work as well as watercooled units). The customer in question got temps of 25C (I guess that was lower limit although he didn't make that clear). That particular customer was in the process of switching to water anyway.

It is only over the past month that we have thought seriously about phasing out the 130W and adding more powerful units.

I can certainly appreciate that many things needed to change with the website. If we were to continue selling the 130W for CPU cooling then we would run into serious problems. But it has worked very well for us over the past few years and not a single complaint!

I think that counts for something. But I can certainly appreciate where you guys are coming from when you state the need for proof and concrete data.

Last edited by feathers; 03-16-2004 at 04:31 PM.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote