Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-03-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
ambient
Cooling Savant

Default Ail Flow Help ???

I'm in the process of building a water-cooled AT server case modded into an ATX case. The radiator’s output is about 2" from the power supply's internal fan ( enermax wisper 330 watt has 2 fans...) I'm concerned about moisture from the rad. Has anyone done this before? The power supply is gonna hang upside down cause then I don't want to have to mod the AT style whole into ATX. Or should I just do the stupid power supply mod?? See my crude mspaint pic below. Is this dumb? Help a brutha out.. =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg setup.jpg (19.0 KB, 46 views)
Unread 02-03-2002, 11:27 PM   #2
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

my suggestion would be to put the rad lower in the case, say the front or summin, if that isnt an option, then I would make a barrior that would sit under the rad, at an agle to direct the air to the back of the case, and let the PS pull in cool air. have I lost ya?

A peice of plastic or card board that would go from the front of the rad (bottom) to the top rear of the powersupply, therefore seporating the 2 completly.
Fixittt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
ambient
Cooling Savant

I had planed on doing that if I did the power supply mod and hung the thing right side up. I was just curious how much moisture comes of the rad? Hey when I can I buy one of your blocks?
Unread 02-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #4
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

U wont get any moisture from the RAD, I have never experianced any kind of moisture from any rad, the only time U will get moiusture, is if U are getting your water temps below ambient, in that case the rad would act as a water heater to bring up the water temp, therefore being of no use to U. So dont worry about it. Unless U get a leak............. but in an air tight system, with everything working right, then no moisture.

As for getting a SPIR@L.... NEVA!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I am working with a few people that might just help get the volume we need, so keep your eyes open, but I assure U, U guys will be the first ones to know.
Fixittt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2002, 11:42 PM   #5
Brad
Thermophile

I actually quite like that idea, you could even cut a 120mm fan sized hole in the top of the psu, and have a 120mm fan there, with a duct up to the rad

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #6
ambient
Cooling Savant

Thats exactly how it is. Its an AT server case so the power supply whole is backwards from the atx case. So if you hang the atx power supply upside down it lines up with the at whole and mounting wholes. It will vent the rad and so will the 120mm above the psu. So no mositure, that is good I think I will try it. The fan in the psu is a 80mm thermo controlled quite. Both fans in the psu are 80's. The rad is the black ice extreme and the pump is the danner 5.