Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-30-2002, 04:20 PM   #1
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Here is the pics of MY Spiral, freshly milled...

Here is my Mini Spiral...

1/4" wide by 2.5/8 deep channels. 2"x3"X1/2" AL block.

Thisis my first one. I have a few plans I may or may not get to to make it better, but being there are already exellent Spir@l out there I am going to finish my Circular block with the center inlet and duel outlet. But I just had to do this first.

Last edited by jaydee116; 03-30-2002 at 04:22 PM.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

well its ........tiny, lots of wasted space there. but plenty of room for an o-ring.

If you curved your outlet more around the spiral and ended it somewhere between the mounting holes, you would have plenty of room for an o-ring.

Most o-rings are .100 thick.
Fixittt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Fixittt
well its ........tiny, lots of wasted space there. but plenty of room for an o-ring.

If you curved your outlet more around the spiral and ended it somewhere between the mounting holes, you would have plenty of room for an o-ring.

Most o-rings are .100 thick.
I would need to go 2.5" to add another loop onit and still get an O ring in there. Not wanting to do that right now. If I cut the access off it would make damn near perfect GPU water block!!!!
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:42 PM   #4
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

hahahaha. U know I already have a GPU block with about that exact spiral in it.

Unread 03-30-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
Brad
Thermophile

fix, I was thinking the same thing, the spiral could have gone around one more time

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

I would actually like to use a rectangle O ring. There are mods I could make to it but I thought up a couple other designs while milling this today so I think I will put this on the to do later list. I will put a top on it and see how it works non the less though.

I said I would make another and send it to you but I don't think I will unless you want to try it as a GPU cooler for your new vid card.(EDIT I see you already have one so never mind!!! )

Also I found the cause of the vibration!! it is my top pully on crooked. It must have sliped a bit when it bound up. Going to fix that today. I will still send the holder though. You can size it up and if it works you can keep it in exhange for that software.

Hey do you want some 2"X3"X1/2" copper stock? I have about 10pcs. I am not going to use. No more Copper for this mill!!!
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:53 PM   #7
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

CHIT yeah, I can really use the stock.

As for the spiral, U dont really have to take it around another turn, just bend the outlet part down a bit. Leave it the same length it is now, just rotate it down a bit. That should give you enought room for the o- ring to do around the Spiral.
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:56 PM   #8
Brad
Thermophile

jaydee, pity it's 1/2" thick, otherwise I'd be after it

any chance you could make the 66mm x 50mm one in this pic soon? I'd be very interested to find out what it is like
Attached Images
File Type: gif wb3.gif (14.8 KB, 115 views)

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #9
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
jaydee, pity it's 1/2" thick, otherwise I'd be after it

any chance you could make the 66mm x 50mm one in this pic soon? I'd be very interested to find out what it is like
I don't know about "soon" but I will try and draw it up and make the code. I need to send my bit holder to Fixitt so that will disable my mill untill my new one arrives (which I havn't ordered yet). I am also headed out of town soon for work. I should already be gone but the job got pushed back a while. I will see what I can do though.
Unread 03-30-2002, 05:06 PM   #10
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Fixittt
CHIT yeah, I can really use the stock.

As for the spiral, U dont really have to take it around another turn, just bend the outlet part down a bit. Leave it the same length it is now, just rotate it down a bit. That should give you enought room for the o- ring to do around the Spiral.
Note it is only 1/2" wide, but I am sure you can come up with a good use for it.

Yes I see what you are saying about rotating it abit. if it works decent the way it is I may just do that. A little more channel can't hurt.