Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-29-2002, 09:29 PM   #26
DodgeViper

Yes I used through the mobo stainless 6/32 machine screws with nylon washers and nuts. The spring add the pressure to make the W/B secure. I think some of my problems in getting all the air out is that my T is below the W/B and this is causing the system to take longer to burp the air.
DodgeViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2002, 09:44 PM   #27
Jim
Cooling Savant

DV_

I don't know if you remember the images I posted of my setup before I moved my "T" to the highest point but I had my "T" too low and I assume air got trapped in the block.

Jim

Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2002, 09:55 PM   #28
DodgeViper

You must have wrapped the silicon tubing for the smell? I let my silicon tubing sit outside for a few weeks before ever bringing it into the house.
Unread 03-29-2002, 10:10 PM   #29
Jim
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by DodgeViper
You must have wrapped the silicon tubing for the smell? I let my silicon tubing sit outside for a few weeks before ever bringing it into the house.
DV-
Yep. I have a condition called VMR and I cannot tolerate odors like the silicon tubing or certain perfumes, cleaning agents, paints etc. The tubing really got to me when my office heated up.

So rather than get a fricken headache I wrapped it. I am going to switch to that other type of tubing that was mentioned here on another thread. It is TYGON, clear flexible like silicon and doesn't stink.

If I left my tubing outside for a few weeks it would have been frozen like a rock! LOL

You got it baked in, good move DV.

You know you never told me what color Viper you got???

Jim
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #30
DodgeViper

Jim, it's blue.

Last edited by DodgeViper; 03-31-2002 at 10:13 PM.
Unread 03-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #31
Jim
Cooling Savant

Hey DV-
Looks good. First, what type of clamps are you using? Second, what fitting did you use to make that 90 degree turn out of the suction end of the pump? I could use that in my setup.

I suppose the "T" could be moved just out from the high connector on your block to aid in air extraction.

I have forgotten, been a while, is that a chevette or fiero heater core?

Good work.
Jim
Unread 03-30-2002, 05:30 PM   #32
DodgeViper

The clamps are EAR CLAMPS. You use a tool to clamp each end. The only way they come off is to cut them off. Adds to a much cleaner setup.

I bought a short 1/2" plastic threaded nipple. Then I bought a plastic 90 degree barb with a female thread. I was able to get these parts at a local Ace hardware.

The radiator is from a Chevy Chevette.
Unread 03-30-2002, 09:07 PM   #33
Jim
Cooling Savant

DV

Yeah I looked at those clamps carefully and thought "How the heck do they go on"? Thought you had all the screws facing away from the camera or something!

Nice clean look with those clamps. Good idea using a nipple and a threaded 90 elbow, easier way to make the turn.
Thanks for the info.
jim
Unread 03-31-2002, 10:37 PM   #34
DodgeViper

Well I tried to post the photos directly from another site but that did not work. Hopefully I got the size correct to post this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg block 1.jpg (63.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by DodgeViper; 03-31-2002 at 10:42 PM.
Unread 04-01-2002, 12:14 AM   #35
Brad
Thermophile

they look like some large tubes for some small channels, like 5/8" OD tubing, and 3/8" channels

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2002, 10:01 PM   #36
DodgeViper

Brad the hose is 1/2" ID and it fits my system nicely. When I built my rad the idea was to go with a 1/2" system because I really wanted a Spir@l block, but that never materialize and I was not going to rebuild the rad. So the tubing is staying for future W/B if something comes along that is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg block 2.jpg (53.5 KB, 29 views)