Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 12-29-2003, 09:43 AM   #1
j3rkoff
Cooling Neophyte

Default MagDrive3 Enough for 6'-7' tubing and 226w Pelt?

I bought two pumps, and I'm installing both for redundancy...

Anyways, I have a Barton, and my heatercore is one of those big ones (can't find tape measure, I know you can put 6 80mm fans on 1 side). I made a shroud for 2 120mm fans, and the resevoir is fairly big too, maybe holds one liter. I was just wondering if the pumps will run too hot, or is that not something I should worry about w/ the pelt, and will there be enough flow? Tubing is 1/2" ID, no reducers, no T fittings.

Thanks
j3rkoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
j3rkoff
Cooling Neophyte

Any advice on how I should have the 2 pumps set-up? Should they go in different places as far as order is concerned, or should they be hooked up to each other? Also I have an old eheim 1048, could I use that and one mag3 for less heat output in the water?
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #3
killernoodle
Thermophile

You will have problems priming the pumps with that setup. You need to put them on the bottom of the case below the resevior, then have a tube to the cpu, then to the radiator, then back to the resevior.

With your setup, I dont think you will ever be able to prime the pumps without leaning the case really far foreward.

Wait, you have all that stuff on your case... why not make an external thing for it? I can make you a pic
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
killernoodle
Thermophile

I made a paint sketch

You could make it out of a rubbermaid tub if you want, this design makes much more sense to me than a bunch of stuff mounted externally that might make your case fragile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg external.jpg (24.0 KB, 34 views)
Unread 12-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
j3rkoff
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks for the paint sketch . I think I'll end up making it like that, since it was similar to a drawing I made a couple months ago on a post-it note , so I think that is the best option. Also it takes up less space. I think I'll buy a bayres, then figure out the best way to make an enclosure for it all
Unread 12-29-2003, 12:42 PM   #6
j3rkoff
Cooling Neophyte

I wanted it kind of complicated like that because the res I was planning to use is this cool looking UV-reactive mummified alien cup, but the design you drew up makes sense. Maybe I can make it so where the fans can go on top of the enclosure, I'd just have to seal it well.