Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 02-07-2003, 08:57 PM   #51
BladeRunner
Cooling Savant

Ok I'm back ...... sort of..... had a break in at my house while I was at work and they tried to take the PC, but being connected by tubes foxed them though and they left it, but the tower had been toppled over. Fortunately there was no damage other than the HDD which fell out, (as it wasn't bolted in), and now wont work. The upshot is I lost my OS and everything, and the bastards ran off with my box of CD's to so I lost almost all my software and back up disks

Neomoses

The finish was still done manually, but I'm getting better at it now so the finish is better and the time it takes quicker. I'm not sure how long it took but file, wet & dry in various grades - t-cut - polish = shine. It's not a biggie to me anymore and can be done while watching a film or TV.

The barb is like said 5/8 OD and I milled it out to 13mm ID just a quick wipe with the polish rag made it gleam and it's not "fitted" fully yet as I'll probably shorten it and lacqure the block before final fitting. I never lacqure them untill the coolers are done as it's a delicate coating that will last if not handled too much & with care.
Unread 02-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #52
LiquidRulez
Cooling Savant

Very nice job Bladerunner!!

Im curious as to how that lil' fella performs.....if you ever figure out how to mount it
LiquidRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #53
dax
Cooling Neophyte

just an idiot question... how about horizontal mills?
dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #54
Neomoses
Cooling Neophyte

horizontal mills are ideal for making the microchannels that you see in many of todays blocks, but they aren't quite as universal as a vertical mill. The ideal mill would be a horizontal mill with a vertical attachment or a vertical mill with horizontal attachment. either one would be great to have around.

And I've just got to say WOW to bladerunner for still polishing those blocks by hand. Your surface finishes are just amazing. I just built a vibratory tumbler this weekend so I can try to rival your surface finishes. Keep up the good work.
Neomoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2003, 06:50 AM   #55
dax
Cooling Neophyte

Hmm ordered some stuff in the usa for my uhm... new project Hope I'll have it next week... muahahaha. Top secret atm. Trying to get you guys curious Only one hint, it will involve metal. Oh yea and i'll post a "log" here i think.
dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2004, 11:12 PM   #56
dmcprops
Cooling Neophyte

Homier driling milling machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig
The homier or grizzly mill is tons better than those dinky sherline mills, if your sherline is getting out of wack, i really suggest the homier mill, I own one and it rules! I do some amasing work with it, its awesome!

Jon

btw, Im sending JOE a pm pretty quickly here...
Hey,
Do you by any chance have any info on the homier speedway series 03989 mill drill?
dmcprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 07:43 PM   #57
JFettig
Cooling Savant

Im not sure what one your talking about, the number doesnt work well in the search on their site, take a look and link directly, if its the big red round column mill drill, thats an awesome price for the machine, I hear the column is a little wimpy but I have also heard of filling it with cement(Im thinking about doing that on my mini.)

Jon
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:59 AM   #58
2Busy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Has anyone used this mill?

Has anyone used this Central Machinery lathe/mill for any kind of machining?
check this link
CoolerMaster Cavalier | MSI KT6V-LSR | Barton 2800+ 333 fsb | Enermax EG465P | 2 x 256 Corsair XMS PC3200 CL2 | Chaintech FX 5700 | Asus 7133 TV/FM | Maxtor Diamond Max 120 gb & 160 gb | Optorite DVD Burner | Audigy MP3 | Thermalright SLK900A|
2Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2004, 06:13 AM   #59
ataxy
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner
As a milling machine "virgin" I've done more reading than posting, but reading this topic I was thinking the Rong Fu sounds really good, so followed the urls to find it's the same as my mill
well there is actually a difference between your and the one whe see in this thread yours is belt driven while this one is gear driven ,whats different is the following

belt driven
higher max speed - lower torque
gear driven
lower max speed - higher torque

gear driven milling are often noisier then its belt driven counter part

for aluminium there is not much of a difference between the two but in steel there would be a difference in performance
ataxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #60
Jabo
Cooling Savant

Dax, I did some research in UK, here are some links for ya:

Warco

Axminster

PROXXON

Clarke

Hope this helps
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #61
fl70
Cooling Neophyte

Some good info here:
Minimill Compare
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #62
JFettig
Cooling Savant

I must warn you, I got the curage to calculate what I have into my mill minus stuff that breaks(drills, end mills etc) and ist almost $3000 ~$2980
This is 4 axis cnc I do not have my 4th axis yet, but I ordered the rotary table and chuck and have the rest.

Im not saying that you guys will spend that much on a machine, but it gets expencive.
also, and thats only my mill
I have my lathe almost completely converted to cnc.......(not nearly as much into that though.

As always, with a that mill, buying it from like homier for $399, have an extra $500 ready to spend on stuff for it.
Littlemachineshop.com is a great place to get accessories.
I strongly recomend the 3" screwless vice for the mill, none of those other monsters. One of the smaller vices that holds the most.

Jon
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote