Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 11-26-2002, 01:21 PM   #1
Quickmcj
Cooling Savant

Default Gmat: Look here.

Hi there.

Again sorry for disturbing you tread about Nforce2/KT400.

Think it was you, that wanted to know my temps with my Aqua-computer setup right ?

Well...here goes:

1700+ Vcore 1.74 with Cuplex EVO,Eheim 1048, 2x120mm at low(1500RPM), Twinplex GF4 in the loop and a regular Airplex

idle: 28 degress

Burn(BurnK7 used): 35 degress

Water temp. before rad: 24,5 degress

Water temp. after rad: 24,0 degress

But I woudn't rely to much on the rad temps...they are mesuared with a probe, place directly on the hose.

The CPU temps are from the probe in the socket...not internal.

The rig is here:

The rig

(Press "næste" ind the bottom to move further)
Quickmcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2002, 04:26 PM   #2
gmat
Thermophile

Hey thanx
Nice setup, all with 8mm hose, right ?
Temps look excellent.
How's the noise ?
Oh and what do you think of the CuPlex after installing it and using it ?

We've got the same rounded cables (mine are SCSI though)
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
Quickmcj
Cooling Savant

Well.....that depends.

The inner are 6mm and outer 8mm.

I am very pleased about my temps....think that they are very nice for a system with 1048, 10x90 degree elbows and a GF4 in the loop.

Noise level is a bit higher than expectet. It is louder than the regulary office computer, but then again...it is 120mm fan noise, not 6000 RPM 60mm. But I should say that I have mounted the fans directly onto the case top...with no absobing material between. I cant really locate the noise...if it is from the fancy fan grill mounted on top of my case, or that it is the rad it self. I have sealed all the way around the rad. and the fans with tape, so that all the air is pulled from the rad, and not besides it...this helped a little on the noise.

The Cuplex itself is very easy. I bought it with the 4xscrew mounting kit, and not the springs. I'm not happy using springs, cause I don't think that they will press the Cuplex suficiant against the core.

But...

The quick connections from aqua-computer premounted on they products...they arent THAT good. They are a bit hard to work with...not getting the hose IN the connection, but out again. I find the quick connections supplied by multimediashop as a fare better choice.

The quality of the cuplex is by fare the best I have seen and the bottom is higly polished. I used a metal polish to give it the last thouch and to remove spots from fingers

Baaa.....SCSI...WAY to expensive for the common people...me

But as I see it...my rad. is really NOT been used alot. There are almost no difference in temp in and out from it.

I'll try to load the CPU with 2.0Vcore, 1750Mhz and BurnK7 to see if the rad can take it or not(really should do the job).
Unread 11-26-2002, 05:44 PM   #4
Quickmcj
Cooling Savant

Btw.

The Aqua-tube is an exellent airtrap. Just place the pump AFTER it, so that the pump wont smash all the bubbles into foam/micro bubbles which is easialy pumped out of the Aqua-tube again.

I have change the position of the pump since those pictures were taken.
Unread 11-26-2002, 08:02 PM   #5
gmat
Thermophile

Your system is very efficient indeed. It will handle more load easily.
BTW now you cant close your case, there's a tube going on the side Tsss.
Interesting to see how efficient a system can be with lots of elbows and 8mm tubing...

Aquacomputer blocks can be bought with chromed 'straight' barbs, which i prefer a lot over small 'quick connect' ones. My two twinplexes have those and Tygon stick to barbs so well it cannot be removed...

Aquatube is nice and all, but too expensive for what it is - just an airtrap. But i must admit it's a looker.
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
Quickmcj
Cooling Savant

See thats the beauty with 8mm hose...I CAN have the case side on, without the hose touching it at all.

I whould have bought the connections that you have to, but I cant find a dealer that sells Tygon hose.