Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 05-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Default Microsoft is 1337, hehe

I found a new toy to sow fear and chaos among the unwashed Microsoftie masses. Click this link to check it out (if you are running IE ... there is no virus here, I SWEAR):

http://12.18.239.202/blotto.htm

I read about this on Teh Inq a while ago, and since then I have sown ph3ar amongst my friends and family thinking they got a virus or something ... it is quite amusing.

The trick is all in a single malformed line of html, which in this particular example is <input type blotto>. Because the = is missing, IE takes a dump every time ... though Mozilla and Opera have no probs whatsoever. BTW, this kills Outlook, IE, Frontpage, Word, and every other HTML parsing tool that M$ has ... neat, huh?

Try the link above for a good laugh. Your browser window just goes blotto on you ... and thank god it doesn't stall your machine or nothing. With how easy it is to spam the shiz out of this (I actually closed an evil messageboard with this earlier, hehe ... anyone want to nuke the [H]?), it is a good thing that it only closes your window and nothing more.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
resago
Cooling Savant

Default sweet

it still crashes IE and there is no patch or update yet!:shrug:

still running 2000!!!!

Help with Coding
www.resago.com
resago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2003, 09:55 AM   #3
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

They have to redo some dll files ... it'll be a while before a fix comes out, if they even bother.

I'm finding interesting uses on my network ... like swapping it into the proxy for blocked sites ... the slackers are now getting a more concise answer about whether a site is allowed.

Goodbye, Yahoo!
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote