Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 06-01-2003, 08:36 PM   #76
cybrsamurai
Cooling Savant

just out of curiosity winewood where did you get your tax % info?

Quote:
Evil Evil Evil hand that feeds me
If you are anything like me you feed your self by working.

Quote:
Creating wealth in a country NEVER hurt the economy that feeds everyone.
This is a half truth. Although wealth never hurts a country the by products of creating the wealth does.
Unread 06-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #77
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Ah, but is IS a violent crime! If one does not wish to contribute to the upkeep of leeches, the government comes to your door, gun in hand, to take you away. If you resist, they shoot at you. This is non-violent? :shrug:

The condition where the leeches hate those that make their life possible can be summed up as such: Hatred of the good, for being the good. This is another root cause of the society of envy which we seem to have reaped from the seeds of the welfare state.

Bob
Unread 06-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #78
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by cybrsamurai

Personally I wouldn’t mind paying for other people to live. As long as it improves my quality of life to do so. This is where the debate comes in. Will it improve my quality of life? I believe it will.
Fine. Then you can VOLUNTARILY do so! Do not force me to do it if I am not so inclined.

I am dubious of the utility of giving handouts vis-a-vis improving the general quality of life. Every dollar redistributed must have been earned by somebody. Is it right to rob Peter to give a handout to Paul? And what does it do to Paul?

Quote:
Originally posted by cybrsamurai
If you look at the current state of our country the people in power (liberals and conservatives) are raping our country in order to make them selves more wealthy. They are changing laws in order to give more power to corporations; they take money from big business and do their bidding. This is not the capitalism our country was founded on. There are supposed to be checks and balances with media, and government. Now all those are gone business controls all the check and balances as well. I see this as a crime. I would compare this to another crime but we have yet to write a law that compares to the enslavement of a generation.
This is definitely not the capitalism that our founders intended. They saw an extremely limited role for government in business. They viewed (rightly) that any governmental ability to restrain or promote trade as an invitation to corruption. If you need governmental license to do business, you will be willing to pay for that license, by whatever means necessary. No restraint, no reason for corruption. If government has no role in business, business would have no need to take a role in shaping governmental policy.

I refer you to "Economics in One Lesson" by Henry Hazlitt

Bob

Last edited by utabintarbo; 06-02-2003 at 07:33 AM.
utabintarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #79
winewood
Cooling Savant

Quote:
just out of curiosity winewood where did you get your tax % info? -cybrsamurai
link one: ABC News

http://www.ncpa.org/pi/taxes/pd021201e.html

My sources are numerous. The percentages vary from 1% on the bottom to much more on the top depends on what year you quote from.
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:55 AM   #80
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

True: many liberal crazies have never heard or won't believe a fact like what Winewood pointed out. It is more convenient for them to believe that all rich people are in tax shelters while the poor are the ones that foot the entire government tax burden. That's why the Demoncats always point out that the rich people get such a huge break while the poor do not ... it is to reinstill this undeserved feeling of injustice. When you only have a tax burden of $2-3000 and you get a break of $3-400, that is a big deal when you compare it to someone with a $1-200000 burden that gets $8-9000 back. The tax that is collected from "the poor" is a pittance compared to what they collect from the $40K and up households, even though the Dems prefer to consider anybody making less than $100K per year "the poor" in most situations ... they just fudge the numbers and figures until it starts to look good for their side in their "research" and then bury the facts in the footnotes and hope nobody notices.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #81
gudis
Cooling Neophyte

ok, wow.
anyone ever consider that perhaps our HUGE prison population has something to do w/ it?
I could also make a drug-war tie in but am too lazy right now and it would be way off topic.
Exactly how many killings have taken place w/ full-auto weapons that could not have been done (better) w/ semi's?
That guy in California that killed 5 kids and wounded 29 shot an AK w/ a 75rd. drum.
clearly he was just a shitty shot.
any asshole could have killed at least 10 kids w/ a 9mm or .45acp or somesuch...
Has anyone here actually read some of the shit the Brady people put out?
from the website bradycampaign.org:
A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.

WTF???
one handed? I would love to see someone try.

b.t.w. shut up about the rich paying the tax burden, if it was such a ****ing burden they
wouldn't be rich anymore would they?
gudis is offline   Reply With Quote