Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Mod / System Gallery
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Mod / System Gallery You got your machine all Spiffy'd up? Got the Chrome and the Fuzzy Dice? Show em off! (Free Image Hosting)

Unread 07-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Hansfragger
Cooling Savant

Default Lian Li Rev3

Hello. I upgraded to an AMD/Nvidia PCIE based setup from my previous AGP. Main cooling changes went to Storm Rev2 1/2" CPU, 7/16" ID Tygon, mostly zip ties(one Python) and PC Ice. It took a long time to clean all the white residue from inside my existing components(from Fluid XP and Primo flex PVC tubing). Few other mods were:
1) Perforated 5 1/4 bay covers to allow more air intake.
2) Installed reset switch behind stock stealth cover, as this style case has none.
Just push the cover with your finger to open it. The switch is a $2.99 part from Radio Shack that a stock reset cable snaps onto with no modding and secures
to the case with zip ties.
3) Removed partition behind PS to allow more airflow and remove stress from cables.
4) Cut 2 new openings in main MB area floor plate for cable pass thru to keep wires next to back wall for airflow and cleaner looks.
5) Added heatsink to bottom of DDC.
6) Mounted various heatsinks to ASUS MB and added fans to alleviate overheating that results from using this MB in this type of case.
7) Use Tban to control fans.(Still haven't been able to get it to do what I want. man is the Software touchy!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.JPG (226.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0131.JPG (217.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0133.JPG (177.4 KB, 56 views)
PC P&C 750, ASUS DVD R/RW,
Velociraptor 300, Raptor 74,
Storm rev2, modified Laing DDC,
modified HL BI2 Extreme, 7/16 ID Tygon,
modified DD res, PC ICE, TT liquid temp monitor
Hansfragger is offline   Reply With Quote