Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > Reseller/Vendor Ratings
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reseller/Vendor Ratings You want to give your impressions of a company or a vendor you did business with, Heres a place to do it!

Unread 04-24-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

CNETPC is PISSING me off!! Help?

I'm trying to RMA my dead 8K3A. I sent them an e-mail over a week ago, and after two days, they did not reply. Then I sent an e-mail to service and they responded, asking for more info. I gave them more info and no response. This weekend I sent an RMA e-mail to their customer service, RMA, and support e-mail address. They haven't responded. They also don't answer their ****in phones. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can go from here?
-Kevin
Unread 04-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #2
ECUPirate
Hottest Stank of them All

call the unabomber... always gets their attention.

FYI, unitedmicro.com sux donkey balls. oh, and so does EMScomputing.com. They reeeeeaaaaly suck.

my pimpin' rig: ...previously poorly cooled...
486DX-2 66mhz @ 75mhz, 4Mb ram, shared, 256Mb hard drive
Onboard VGA, watercooled, of course
16-color monitor, labtec speakers, 28kbs USRobotics modem
Windows XP (think about it)
Maze 3, DDen GF3 block, Eheim 1250, econoline van HC, 1/2" hose w/ 5/8" fittings Comair 172mm fan
ECUPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
Pyrotechnic
Cooling Savant

i was like trying to order a CPU from them once, and the person on the phone was all retarded and stuff, i was like "i need to order a CPU" and they were all like "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH" so i pretty much hung up and ordered it from another place, CNETPC also doesn't ghave very good reseller ratings.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 09:52 PM   #4
Kevin

At least you got an answer... what time did you call them? I'm seriously ****in pissed. I didn't just throw $100 out the window. Or did I?
Unread 04-24-2002, 11:23 PM   #5
Pyrotechnic
Cooling Savant

i called them around 3 pm - 4pm i think. I'm pretty sure you wasted $100 though. Never give money to a bunch of panzies that got their heads up their asses and try to run a online bussiness (cough*scam*cough) at the same time.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 12:29 AM   #6
Kevin

I just sent them this e-mail:

Quote:
To whom it may concern,

My name is Kevin Hanson, and I am just letting you know that if I do not receive a reply to this e-mail within the next 24 hours, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, enter negative feedback at www.ResellerRatings.com, and pursue further legal action. I have sent countless e-mails regarding my RMA request to many different CNETPC e-mail address. I even received a reply once asking for my order number. I replied back, but that was to no avail. All of these e-mails and responses are saved. I have also tried many times to telephone CNETPC, but the phone rings constantly, regardless of whether I call during business hours or not. Please respond to avoid any future action.

Sincerely,
Kevin Hanson
We'll see how this pans out now. Until then, please avoid using cnetpc.com .

-Kev
Unread 04-25-2002, 05:02 AM   #7
Brad
Thermophile

the name should have put you off :P

just buy one from newegg, rma the dead one to newegg and you'll end up with two brand new boards that work

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 05:41 AM   #8
Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
just buy one from newegg, rma the dead one to newegg and you'll end up with two brand new boards that work
hehe that is such a good idea yet so wrong at the same time :-). Well, I have a feeling they will respond to this. I know that there is somebody on the receiving end of this.
-Kev
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:41 AM   #9
WebMasta33
Cooling Savant

Yeah, I feel your pain... IBM wants me to send my drive to them, and then I get to wait no more than 14 days for them to ship a new one out.

When I had speakers go bad from Dell, they sent me new ones out first, and then I shipped back the old ones. They used my CreditCard for security btw. <--- That's how it should be done. But then Dell is a customer service company, and IBM is just kinda like eh, we're only doing it beacuse we have to.

I'm just pissed, because I don't have a drive with enough free space to ghost it too, so I'm gonna loose something There would be no problem if I could get the replacement first!
--768mb of PC2100 (@140FSB)
--Asus v8200 GeForce3 @ 210/490
--Maxtor 40gb Quiet + 2 IBM 40gb 60GXPs (removable) + 8gb WD
--Audigy
--Maze 3, DD Gf3 block, 2x BIX, Eheim1250
===========
WebMasta33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #10
Kevin

RESOLVED

RESOLVED

They sent this to me:
Quote:
Dear Kevin,
We sent you the email with the rma # and the email was returned:

Dear Kevin,
Your return number is XXXXXXXX, kindly make a note of the return number
on the outside of the box and include a copy of your invoice, kindly send to
the address on your invoice.
Sincerely,
www.cnetpc.com
Well, I know this is absoulte horse shit considering how many e-mails they sent. Geez, they are so full of shit. So I finally got my RMA # though. The bottom line, though, is PLEASE AVOID USING CNETPC. They are SHADY RESELLERS.

-Kev
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:02 PM   #11
MeltMan
Cooling Savant

Thanks for the heads up man. I really appreciate it as I've personally dealt with some shabby businesses...
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
Kevin

No problem, dude. I figured everyone should know as CNETPC is usually a name that pops up on Pricewatch when you search for an item's cheapest price.
-Kev
Unread 04-25-2002, 11:48 PM   #13
Haddy
Cooling Savant

yea same with goggle gear....fockin bastage call me a idiot...they sent me a cpu with bent pins, it wuz their pos no packing material shipping....so i wuz ok ill rma it back...call them up and the dude barely spoke english..after 20min of telling him the same thing over and over and over again "hey i ordered a cpu from u guys and it came damaged" he finally said "look mr. its impossible for the pins to come damaged, a computer makes them and packages them...what are you some kinda of idiot you install the cpu wrong and we have to replace it....." bout that time i used a few choice 4 letter words, which im sure he didnt understand...and hung up.....bombed the supports email adn they finally sent me an rma number....still wouldnt give me my refund but sent me another bent up cpu...i finally just unbent the pins (god theres alot of pins on there) just enough so it fits in the socket.....STAY AWAYS FROM GOGGLEGEAR..........GOOGEL GEAR = SATAN!!
Haddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 11:11 PM   #14
zoson
Cooling Savant

I also had a fugging bad experience w/ cnetpc.
My cc is messed it in most online systems, so I always leave a note telling the company to call my bank if they can't verify my address. So anyway, there's only one lady at my bank, carol, (it's actually a credit union) who handles this type of stuff. They send me an email saying there's a problem with my order. So I assume that it was just the computer being stupid, and I sent a kind email explaining again how they could get verification. Well, a few hours later I received the EXACT email again from them saying there was a problem. This time I was like, look, I commented on this in my initial order, AND I sent an email explaining how to get my address confirmation.
About 10 minutes later I get an email saying that they had called my bank, and the bank was saying that they couldn't verify my address. So I immediately call my bank and speak to carol. She informs me that nobody had called inquiring about my credit card. I sent another email back off to cnetpc basically saying that I knew they were full of shit and that I wanted to cancel my order. Well anyway, that email was not responded to and my board was shipped out later that day.
I've got no complaints about the product, it was in pristine condition, and performs great. But damn, CNETPC sucks my nuts.
-Zoson

Core i7 930 @ 4254Hz 22x193 | ASUS R3E 901 BIOS | 12GB Mushkin Blackline 3x4GB @ 1547MHz 7-8-7-24-1N | Lian Li PC-A10B
2x EVGA GTX275 SLI @ 720/1266/1566 | 2x 80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD Raid 0 | 3x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7.2K Raid 5 | Corsair 950TX
H2O | Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A | EK-FB RE3 | Swiftech - 2x MCW60/GTX275 Unisink, MCP655b, MCRes Micro.v2 | 3x HWLabs SR1-120
あなたの神への弓
Time isn't wasted, when you're gettin' wasted.
zoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2002, 01:42 AM   #15
|PuNiSh3R|
Foo's Been Banned

C-NetPC and Z-Buy are the EXACT same companies.

Ok, don't be fooled.. those (sorry to anyone chinese) damn chinks that answer the phone will deny it to the hills.. but they are the exact same company... unless each of them has a chinese lady that sounds the same and acts just as dumb.

Anyway.. I ordered from Zbuy I think.. I got the epox 8k7a or was it the +.. either way I ordered the wrong mobo and I wanted the other one which was only 3 dollars more and had like 3 DDR slots instead of 2 .. anyway I immediatly e-mailed them and told them and they never responded to the email and sent me the board that I didn't want.

I usually buy from Thompsons computer warehouse in florida for my CPU's.. and i will usually just go to the lowest priced, closest to me and best rated site for everything else.

Another site called www.webuildcomputers.com pretty sure it's them

i put a big order in with them a while back and like everything was out of stock. I waited a week for my stuff and it never came and they were completely stupid about it. After being hassled with sending e-mails that never got responses I just told the guy to cancel my order and I called my CC company and told them about it and had them cancel the charge that this f*cknut site put on my card.

Get a capital one CC ... they are totally cool about this stuff and I even heard that if you damage a PC part or CPU while setting your machine up that they will get you a new one.. something along the lines of that.. not sure.. just check into it though.
|PuNiSh3R| is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2002, 02:18 PM   #16
krp
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by ECUPirate
call the unabomber... always gets their attention.

FYI, unitedmicro.com sux donkey balls. oh, and so does EMScomputing.com. They reeeeeaaaaly suck.
I live in Gainesville, Florida, and have seen EMScomputing's website... last summer I happened to be on that side of town so I thought I'd swing past their address for a quick look... all I can say...

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahAHAHAHAAHA!!!

(#1) Athlon XP@1.667gHz, watercooled: (DD Maze2 new revision, Eheim 1250, BlackiceXtreme), in modded Supermicro SC750 fulltower case.
(#2) Athlon TB@1.4gHz, watercooled: (DD Maze2 orig revison, CaseEtc resepump, Blackice), in modded LiteOn FS020 midtower case.
krp is offline   Reply With Quote