Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-14-2002, 07:30 PM   #26
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

All I can say about #rotor is that
"The boy knows his stuff"
Fixittt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:35 PM   #27
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

Heavy_Equipment......yip.... and I think you are the first one to realize this in all the years I have been building(retro-fitting) these units.... sorry for not saying all that much on those pages, they are more there for the customers who's rigs it is, to get to the pictures and to see the progress , As I built them. Besides, a good picture is worth it's pixel-count in words.... Right?
#Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:43 PM   #28
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

fixittt.... hope you not mind me doing the mill-as-the-avatar thing.... I think it's kinda nice, should be the norm for all the block-builders here..... but only the builders.... they must show there equipment.

allthough mine is hardly something to be proud of good thing the picture is only 75x75
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:53 PM   #29
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

nah, I dont mind at all, as a matter of fact, I like it. it shows what we like, and who we are.

isnt that what the avata is for?
Right? am I right????? please someone tell me im right!!!!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHHH.... ok I feel betta now
Unread 03-14-2002, 07:54 PM   #30
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

LOL I love the whole avatar selection in this thread!!!

Did I just troll a post? i think I did, I should be a shamed of myself....... If I had any shame that is.
Unread 03-14-2002, 08:02 PM   #31
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

One thing needs to be fixed ASAP.

Above #Rotor's avatar, it says air cooled.

After spending the last hour browsing his site, I don't think #Rotor is air cooled, never mind his rig.
Heavy_Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2002, 08:18 PM   #32
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

I'm working on that....... can't you see

the other day I wanted to quickly setup a pc here.... on my old A7V board, to run linux for something.... and I could not even find a damn heatsink with a fan on it that would handle a Duron 1G........, so I ended up doing it properly the first time.......

Unread 03-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #33
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

#Rotor,
Glad to see I'm not the only one with an A7V lying around. lol As boring and fsb unfriendly as that board is, it always gets me out of a jam. It's a mule, it just runs and runs whenever I call it up from the minors.lol

Maybe you can answer this for me, have you ever replaced the LOUD AC fan on the dehumidifier, with several quiet DC fans? I think it should work fine, as long as I get the airflow close to where it was. Any Dehumidifier I've seen, makes a 7K Delta sound like a spring breeze.

Twitchie,
Bradford Highlands is a nice course, but you haven't lived the Bradford experience until you've drank at the Village Inn.
Unread 03-14-2002, 09:57 PM   #34
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

on the contrary..... that ac-fan is the best thing of the whole setup...... you see, all you do is, stroll into the lighting section at your local Home Depot...... then look for a fan speed controller, that they use for these ceiling fans, you get a couple of different kinds, go for the 100% variable kind, and presto.... you have yourself a very effective, very powerful yet very quit( when you need it to be) solution. you see that ac fan is 11" in diameter, so by running it at say 80% of full open.... you are going to be moving an awesome amount of air,
and the noise = fan-speed^2 ...... so a small reduction in speed will amke a big diffs on sound...
Unread 03-14-2002, 10:33 PM   #35
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

I have seen variable speed dehumidifiers as well, I just assumed that slowing that big fan down too much to make it quiet, would hurt performance too much. I'm dead set against noise now. Some noise is quickly drowned out while gaming, but I find myself drifting away from gaming, and this system is more a jukebox/DVD player than anything these days. I guess I OC out of habit/addiction now ...but how many DVD players are on the market that do distributed computing? Those extra cycles are justified.

So I'm gonna be doing a pump replacement/ line reroute soon anyway, I might as well kill 2 birds while it's apart, and add my chiller. It's gonna be an expensive year...
Unread 03-14-2002, 10:41 PM   #36
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

indeed too much of... even a good thing, is not good, same with slowing fans down, the thing with such a big fan, it moves so much air per revolution, that all it basicaly needs to do is , not stand still, and it would be good for sub zero temps....
Unread 03-15-2002, 04:22 AM   #37
Brad
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by Heavy_Equipment
how many DVD players are on the market that do distributed computing? Those extra cycles are justified.
\

Is it just me, or is that the funniest line I've read in a long time. It's damned hilarious

as for the avaters, I have a Celermine 533, P3 500 (Katmai), P3 500 (Coppermine), P3 750 (Keyring), P3 1000 (at Joe's right now), P3 1100's (in my vp6)

I think my avatar is justified

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2002, 12:37 PM   #38
surlyjoe
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Fixittt
SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!!!!

That is COOL slurry! Now, are we going to make a res around that, or are you going to disasemble that setup and pump the regeraint thrue a block on the core?

inquiring minds want to know!
I'm thinkin I'm gonna make a heat exchanger to clamp right on that plate ya see there. maybe a can full of antifreeze with a coil of 3/8 copper in it .. I dunno, U bet your arse it will be cheap though, and use lots of spray foam!!
surlyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote