Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 02-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #1
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

Default value ram to the extremes: siemens pc3200 @ 250

don't ask me how or why, i have a hard time believing it myself. i have a nice agreement that i can use hardware from my employer. in the last supermarket pc they were using siemens pc3200, i tested a couple fast and got no further than 225. so i used the warranty replacement rams which were pc3200 mtec modules. they got me stable to 240. i kept those mtecs ofcourse. so now my pc was acting up and i thought i had ram probs. took another couple of original siemens home to test and whoops they seem to be flying.

(in the end the probs with my pc were dust related because all my exchanged hw worked on another mb at work)

that couple i brought home the first time must have been duds.

and imagine i was thinking of getting myself high-grade corsairs to keep the proc happy...

edit: it might go a bit further or it might not, this is a quick and dirty oc test. just to make ppl consider buying some cheap ass ram. if u are a good customer at a local shop they might even let you oc test it. but now you know where to start your search.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oc.JPG (38.1 KB, 22 views)
Unread 02-02-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
j813
Cooling Savant

Is it the Chips that are SIEMENS or the whole RAM? I mean just like Corsair they use Winbond chips with their RAMS.
Another is what's written on the SIEMENS DDR chips maybe it's just like the magical Winbond BH-5? I mean maybe you found a chip that has a stepping for magical performance.
Also with the MTec what brand was it?
Maybe your in Europe right? What are the possibility we can buy those here in Asia.
Hey what Parts you got in that "Glamourous" Rig, booard, etc.?
j813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
aBo
Cooling Neophyte

What kind of FSB you can reach with tighter timings like 5-2-2-2, 11-2-2-2 or 11-3-2-2? And how much voltage you used for that FSB?

I'm currently running Geil ultra platinum dual channel kit 2*512MB 221FSB 11-3-3-2 on a NF7-S @ 2.9V (1:1, dual channel, cpu interface enabled) and I would like to go higher without using any vdimm-mods ... BH-5 is pain in the rear end to get and there's always the compatibility problems and high voltage demands ...
aBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2004, 05:14 AM   #4
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

mtec chips indeed, i forgot the exact partnr, but on their site they only have 1 type of pc3200 modules.

the timings are really lousy, spd so it is 4-4-8, but most important is they are running in sync. i had to back down the fsb a little to 245 because my folding client gave an error after a couple of hours. vdimm is 2.85 (asus p4p800)

proc is a p4 3.0 going at 2.67 +/- @ 1.675.

ofcourse i would get better timings and +/- 20fsb more using high grade ram.