Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-26-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Default Where to buy the CSP-750 mark-II in the US?

Only place I can find that has them in stock is bigfootcomputers which is in canada.
JamesAvery22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
Bio-Hazard
Cooling Neophyte

That's a pretty easy question.............get them here.

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=140

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=141
Bio-Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
DryFire
Cooling Savant

I think he wants to find a place with them in stock.

dtek has had them on pre order since like august 27th with a 2 week eta.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
Bio-Hazard
Cooling Neophyte

Last I read, D-Tek has sole rights plus OEM dealership in the US.
Unread 09-26-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
Bio-Hazard
Cooling Neophyte

From C-Systems Web Site.

Welcome to C-Systems E-Store
CLOSED
Due to high demand, direct retail purchasing from C-Systems is no longer available. C-Systems has formed
a partnership with D-TEK customs to handle our world wide product distribution. D-TEK is a highly reputable
company with many years experience in the PC liquid cooling industry. The management of C-systems is
excited and secure in having such a professional company promoting our current and future product lines.

All orders placed on or before June 2 / 2004 will be handled by C-Systems, all further inquires will be forwarded to D-TEK.

C-Systems would like to thank everyone that ordered or inquired about our products for the positive feedback, and
we look forward to providing you with high quality future products in the upcoming weeks.

Please continue to visit this page, as we will be placing links to our world wide dealer network, as they are
established by D-TEK.

Dan Neault
President C-Systems
June 2 / 2004
Unread 09-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Well that sucks... So I just basically have to wait for some unknown amount of time. yay
Unread 09-28-2004, 03:48 PM   #7
Abe White
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAvery22
Well that sucks... So I just basically have to wait for some unknown amount of time. yay
Will my c-systems pump arrive before AMD PCI-E motherboards appear?
Once you ask a question like that the wait becomes so much more exciting!

I've been in this excited state for months now and I still don't know if I have to thank c-cystems or dtekcustoms for the majority of the pleasure I am gaining.

Abe
Abe White is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:24 PM   #8
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

I just ordered my CSP-750's from Bigfoot in Canada. paid with a credit card so the currency conversion is automatic and they just sent them to me in the post. took less than a week. Just order them from Canada for now.
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #9
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdb
I just ordered my CSP-750's from Bigfoot in Canada. paid with a credit card so the currency conversion is automatic and they just sent them to me in the post. took less than a week. Just order them from Canada for now.

Reply I got back from dtek on 9/27/2004

Quote:
The pumps are shipping this week to us. It should be about 5 days until they arrive to us.

Thanks,
Danny
www.dtekcustoms.com
Ph 951-273-0067
Fax 909-273-0065
I'll wait rather than waste the 20-30$
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #10
Becks
Cooling Neophyte

sucks dtek is only person with them... i've been on preorder for awhile

"8/27- The CSP 750 Pumps are on pre-order again. These are going to be the new Mark II versions. I will get pictures posted when I can get ahold of some. Epected time of delivery is in 2 weeks so get your order in now as they will sell out fast."

8/27 + 2 weeks = 5 days after 9/27 ... uh huh

Everything I've ever gotten from dtek has been preordered with 2week eta and waited over a month. (well just csp750 and a whitewater awhile back)
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #11
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAvery22
Reply I got back from dtek on 9/27/2004

I'll wait rather than waste the 20-30$

You forget the Bigfoot computer price for the CSP750 is $52.50 canadian dollars. At the current exchange rate that comes to only $41.24 USD. DTEK price is $37 but shipping is +$8 so it ends up at $45. I bought two CSP750's from Bigfoot and the shipping was free so it was actually cheaper than DTEK which doesn't even have them yet. Whatever you decide it's a great little pump, very quiet.
Unread 09-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #12
PieEyedPiper
Cooling Neophyte

Do the pumps come with the hardware req. to connect them in series? cause the x2 pumps arent in stock, just singles.

and are these pumps quieter and better than a mcp650? or is it close to the mcp600 with the 1/3rd flow rate of the mcp650
PieEyedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #13
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

Please disregard my previous post on the total cost of ordering CSP750's from Bigfoot. I looked at my invoice and although they claim free shipping on their site that may only be within canada, they dinged me $20USD for shipping and insurance for 2 of them so that would make them about $51 ea. vs $45 ea. from DTEK. They did deliver promptly though so I can't complain.

You can get the hardware to connect them in series from any Home Depot, plumbing supply place etc. I have not heard the MCP650, but the CSP750's are exceedingly quiet and would be essentially inaudible inside a case. You can find the pressure volume curves for the CPS750 here
http://www.c-systems.ca/c_files/image16big.jpg

The MCP650 Curves are here
http://www.dangerden.com/images/pump...urve_1000w.jpg

I believe the MCP600 is the same as this
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp...rodID=138&HS=1

scroll down to find the curves.
Unread 09-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #14
PieEyedPiper
Cooling Neophyte

ok, thanks.
I think I'll have to be a little more specific.
The MCP650 has a flow of upto 317gph, the MCP600 has 185gph and the c systems in series (or not) is somewhere around 120gph (sorrect me if I'm wrong here at any point)
Now, since no one's loop has a flowrate close to 100..and is probably a lot more like 0.5 - 2.5gph, then the head produced by each of the pumps at 0-3ghp is all that matters as far as performance is concerned? Like, is that a correct assumption?
If I had that all layed out for me, then reading these grpahs and determining a clear winner would be a lot simpler for a noob like me.

and IF I am correct is the only benefit of a pump producing a zillion gph, the potential for a greater maximum head? and if a pump were only able to produce less than 10gph but somehow give a max head equivilent to the the former "zillion gph" pump then the performance would be about the same in a WC loop?
Unread 09-30-2004, 01:42 AM   #15
Razor6
Cooling Savant

Just an fyi, there is a stickied pumps thread at the top of this forum. There is a graph on page 2 that compares the 750s amongst other popular pumps.

Edit: This is a newer graph that depicts an example system since seing just a mcw6000 isn't very useful.

Last edited by Razor6; 09-30-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Razor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #16
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

With a swiftech MCW6000, a BI pro II radiator, and 3/8" plumbing I get about 26" of water pressure drop through the system with a CSP750 (14" across the MCW6000, 12" across the BI Pro II). If their curves are accurate that's about 100gph. For this system running 2 pumps in series would only increase flow about 10% judging from the curves. After fooling around with my pumps for awhile they seem to break in a bit. The pressure drop has slowly increased by about 10%, and the noise level has gone up some. One is substantially noisier than the other. I think the seal is wearing in and loosening up some. You'll need to rest these on a block of foam or something since they can conduct a significant amount of vibration to the case.
Unread 09-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #17
PieEyedPiper
Cooling Neophyte

Razor6 thanks for the updated graph.
ferdb, funnily enough, you're running a near identical system to what I plan to build. However, since no one has yet addressed my comments/questions above I'm still asuming that I am correct (btw I get all my wacky ideas from the flow/performance graphs of the water block tests in the reviews section of procooling. they're all in the 0-3 gph range i believe.)
Now, that ~100 gph for your CPS- X2 series is only theoretical maximum right? not actual flow inside the loop?

I juts find that yellow "example system" line in the above graph to be contradictory to what I've previously seen in the reviews of the latest waterblocks on the site.
Unread 09-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #18
Razor6
Cooling Savant

The X2 data as well as the standalone performance is from the system cooling review with two pumps actually hooked up in series. What were you trying to compare the example system to in any procooling reviews? The example system should be pretty close to BillA's test system based on some comments in another thread. In the older graph the MCW6000 is taken directly from Swiftech's data but you have to realize it is only the block.
Unread 09-30-2004, 10:42 PM   #19
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

Flat shipping in Canada. Not free, flat. Same price for everyone in Canada (outside of central Canada) in a set time.
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 12:58 AM   #20
PieEyedPiper
Cooling Neophyte

I'm not trying to compare at all, Razor6. I read in a review that the average flow through a WC loop is like in the 0-3gph range. I wrote a paragraph trying to try to explain what I'm talking about, but i removed it because it was too difficult to convey in just typing. It would only cloud the issue further. If ytou cannot determind what I really am getting at from reading my posts I'm sorry , I don't know what else to say. Maybe if you asked specific questions about it i could help you understand more? I will say this though, when i referred to the yellow line or test system (block) I only meant that the numbers we're dealing with are off by about 100gph...as far as I can tell.
Theres got to be something I'm missing that will make this all workout. The problem is how can a loop have only ~3gph and another similiar loop have 100 or more?
Thanks for trying to discuss this, however.
Unread 10-01-2004, 01:31 AM   #21
greenman100
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieEyedPiper
I'm not trying to compare at all, Razor6. I read in a review that the average flow through a WC loop is like in the 0-3gph range. I wrote a paragraph trying to try to explain what I'm talking about, but i removed it because it was too difficult to convey in just typing. It would only cloud the issue further. If ytou cannot determind what I really am getting at from reading my posts I'm sorry , I don't know what else to say. Maybe if you asked specific questions about it i could help you understand more? I will say this though, when i referred to the yellow line or test system (block) I only meant that the numbers we're dealing with are off by about 100gph...as far as I can tell.
Theres got to be something I'm missing that will make this all workout. The problem is how can a loop have only ~3gph and another similiar loop have 100 or more?
Thanks for trying to discuss this, however.

you're confusing GPH (gallons per minute) and GPM (gallons per hour)
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:10 AM   #22
Razor6
Cooling Savant

I understand now why you said you thought the example system was contradictory to what you've seen. Mixing gpm and gph can easily happen as even greenman has inadvertently shown.
Unread 10-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #23
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

[quote=ferdb]Please disregard my previous post on the total cost of ordering CSP750's from Bigfoot. I looked at my invoice and although they claim free shipping on their site that may only be within canada, they dinged me $20USD for shipping and insurance for 2 of them so that would make them about $51 ea. vs $45 ea. from DTEK. They did deliver promptly though so I can't complain.

Uh think your math is still a little off.

To ship to the US, just the CSP750 markII from bigfoot is $76.50 with shipping. Converted its 60.53 US dollars.

Dtek is 45.74$US though. 15$ worth not waiting?
Unread 10-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #24
PieEyedPiper
Cooling Neophyte

OH! now its all aking sense! I knew it was something simple i just wasn't seeing.

And yes good showing greenman! haha. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

But now thats all fixed up, is my asumption about max flow/head still correct or flawed in some manner?
Unread 10-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #25
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

I've been running two CSP750 pumps (individually, not in series) for a few days now and they seem to have finished their breakin period. In a system that consisted of a BI Pro II radiator and and MCW6000 water block and 3/8" tubing one pump had enough flow to generate 24" of pressure drop through the system, the other started out around 28"-29" of pressure drop. After about a day of running, both pumps would generate enough flow to create an almost identical 31" of pressure drop through the exact same system. This has not changed for a couple days now. If the pumps are now operating close to the published pressure/flow curves that would indicate a flow rate in the system of about 80GPH. This is for single pump operation, not two in series.
A couple of notes on the CPS750's I got. One had a flaky 3 pin connector. It connects intermittenly if wiggled and can connect or disconnect merely by touching the wires. I replaced the plug and have had no trouble since. The other pump would occasionally not start when I was first using it. Applying 12V it would flow current but it would not always start spinning. Giving it a smack would get it spinning but the motors don't seem to have a very strong starting torque.

I ordered 2 CPS750's from Bigfoot, the invoice total including shipping was 102.89 USD so that's about ~$51 ea.