Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 10-26-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
Wee_Neiler
Cooling Neophyte

Default Pentium 3 Coppermine SLOT1 Cooling

Hi All,

Im looking to cool my 600e coppermine, but i cannot find anywhere in the UK online that sells fans/heat sinks for the slot 1 processor.

It only has a weeee heatsink and the PSU has a scoop over the processor sucking most of the air away.. But i want more lol!

Can anyone help? Links, ideas, other methods etc?

Is it true a slot1 celeron heatsink and fan will fit the pentium 3?

Cheers
Neil
Wee_Neiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Those things produce little heat. I believe that the stock cooler is pretty good. http://www.3dfxcool.com used to have some bombass slot 1 coolers though..... Check em out.

BrianW

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
Wee_Neiler
Cooling Neophyte

Thx 4 the reply man!

Sites v helpful, just unfortunate its in the usa as im in the uk. Im emailing them shipping charges.

As you said if they produce little heat, there mite not be any point, and heat extraction form the CPU area is good... Spend money elsewhere mayb.

Neil
Wee_Neiler is offline   Reply With Quote