Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-16-2004, 02:59 PM   #151
Richdog
Cooling Neophyte

This is oficially the longest time taken to ever set up a watercooling rig, LMAO. I'm going to ring up the Guinness Book of World Records tommorrow and get it published.
DFI Ultra B
1GB Corsair v1.1 w. BH-5
Sapphire 9800PRO w. Samsung 2.8ns
Cascade, Maze 9700 GPU block, Thermochill 120.3, Swiftech MCP600 Rev.2, 6x Evercool 80CFM fans (push/pull), 1/2 ID Clearflex60.
Arctic Silver 5
GlobalWIN SAF520
Richdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 03:57 AM   #152
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Nah, not really. He's got about 6 months more to catch me up. Took me almost one year to get mine going. Finally got it going, ran for about 10 hours, broke, pump died, fixed pump, pump died again, dismantled. done!
kusojiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 08:01 AM   #153
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

LOL! Well, I got my last exam a week today. I then have my project viva a week after that. I'm not sure whether or not I should risk doing it between then, as I need to use my computer, my bro's computer and my server to host my project (as it's a peer to peer interface for a project that I worked on for Sony).

What I'll probably do is fit everything in to the external case and see what I can do to improve its looks. I think I'll need to sand it down as it currently looks like an aluminium shiny box but with scratches all over it. If I have time I'll maybe fit the stuff and cut everything to sixe and run it outside the box. Then put all the air stuff back on for the viva. That way I'll have everything ready to put together after the viva is finished.

The other day I bought some quick disconnect valves from Eheim (the thread I found them at http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9482 and I bought them from http://www.aquatics-direct.co.uk/pro...asp?ID=9&type=). I'm still waiting to receive them. I'll borrow my mates camera this week or next and start taking those pictures I've been promising you all
Unread 05-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #154
goat_guy
Cooling Neophyte

WHich ones did you buy?

Brian
goat_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2004, 02:42 PM   #155
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

I bought the 12mm Eheim double tap ones. They are right at the bottom of the page. I guess they should be here tomorrow so I'll check them out and maybe even chuck up a picture if I can get my mates camera.
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:41 AM   #156
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Well I received them today - they're pretty cool looking. They are all grey and about 5 inches long in total. The centre is held together with a screw like connection and these are also on either end. However, my tubing is too thick to fit in these screw things so I'll probably just take them off and try to get the tubing over it or something. It seems pretty sturdy - I'll let you know how they perform when I get this lot up and running in a week or two, and I'll also take pictures of them then.
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:47 AM   #157
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

What size tubing are you using?
Unread 05-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #158
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

1/2" which is a little more than 12mm. However, I took a look through the valve matched up against the barb on my reservoir and it seems to be exactly the same inner diameter. I was concerned at first because it looked like it might restrict flow, but having looked at that I don't think it will.
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:30 PM   #159
JokerCPoC
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris of Death
They have a better rad selection at pclincs:

http://www.pclincs.co.uk/acatalog/Radiators.html

For a truly ghetto solution, you can mount the rad directly on top:

But if pretty and portable is what you're after, this ain't it . You may want to consider going with one of the more common Chieftec/Chenbro/Antec midtower cases. So many people have them, you should be able to find plenty of ideas on how to mount the rad internally.

I'm AMD centric, so for P4s, liquid NB cooling may be a necessity. I don't really know. I'm reasonably sure a good heatsink solution would be just as doable. Since you're already getting (have?) a 3Ghz CPU, you proably won't be pushing the limits of your FSB OC, anyway. Maybe someone else can give you some reassurance one way or the other on this one. *Shrugs*

I'd agree with Boli that the Eheim 1250 should be fine. Then again, in general, more flow = better performance. . .

Are you sure they weren't speaking of the Maze3 vs Maze4 CPU block solutions? From what I understand, the Maze4 GPU is the best water-only vid card block on the market, but, again, don't take my word as gospel. I've taken my 9700 Pro from a max OC of about 360 core w/o the Maze4 to around 412Mhz, for whatever that's worth.

Well I have the same case as What You have pictured, But since there is only an 1.5" to 2" of room above My case, I'll have to mount the radiator on the back of the case as that is the only option I can see at present and No I'd rather not mount the rad to the desk, Unless I had a pair of Quick Disconnects for 1/2"ID-3/4"OD Tygon tubing, My desk looks like this one(Below) and was supposed to be Black metal with a Teak woodgrain, But instead of Black metal It's Chrome and the color of (Birch) wood grain in the picture, Oh and I'm not using the Extension where the tower case is, As I have to put a 6'x2'x2.5' 240 gallon aquarium beside It, And the room is a 12'x14' room and both take up 9.5' of that and the rest of the 12' on this wall is the door to the hallway and It's the only place to put either item. And no I don't think fish and PCs are that good an idea metal wise, The copper would kill the fish. And of course the CD holders had to go inverted so that the whole desk could fit in 2.5' of space, But I will have to remove them both as They do fit like that, But They get in the way of My monitor. I can't win for losin. :shrug: :shrug: I normally have room for both monitor and cd storage, But I have a 12" desk fan on the left (It gets warm in here sometimes) and so the removal. :shrug: :shrug:

Joker3: 1-270 @ 2.40(2nd-270 cpu soon)GHz cpu[Ntune], K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
Joker4: 2-285 @ 3.25? GHz cpu[Ntune], (soon) K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
Joker5: 2-285 @ 3.25? GHz cpu[Ntune], (soon) K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
(10.10GHz now, 25.43GHz maybe? Crunchin 4 SetiBoinc for the PC Perspective Killer Frogs)
JokerCPoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #160
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

That's strange. I would think that it would fit. If they're like the Marineland units, I just shoved the tubing under the clamp and cranked it down. But, you could always just take the clamps off and use a regular clamp. I use the 1/2 inch tygon which has a thick wall on it.
Unread 05-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #161
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

I finished my last exam today! Woohoo! So, I've got my viva on Friday and then once that's done I can start taking everything apart and putting it all together again
Unread 05-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #162
MDaniel
Cooling Neophyte

This is my first post here. I just assembled my first WC setup that consists of a DD TDX #4, BIPro, Hydor L25 and a DD Bay Res. I'm not looksing for super speeds, I mainly am interested in quieter computing w/ mild OC.

Everything is running leak free, but this little Hydor pump is making too much noise. I've shaken it everyway and even opened up the intake portion in a bucket of distilled water, but either my pump is not right or there is still air in there somehow. Is there a surefire way to force any remaining air out that might still be in there, as this thing is by no means quiet. Sometimes when it is turned on it is not so bad, but has an occasional clicking or rattling noise. Other times is is distinctively louder.

Do I need a new pump or what. Also, those with the L30...how much louder is it than the L20 is supposed to be?

Thanks
MDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2004, 11:10 PM   #163
kusojiji
Cooling Neophyte

Pull the impeller out and check to see if the blade assy is loose from the magnet. If it shakes, even just a little bit, it will make noise. Glue it to the magnet and see if that makes a difference. I forget if the hydors had this problem or not. The Dolphins and another brand name definitely did.
Unread 05-31-2004, 06:14 PM   #164
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Well I'm still waiting for my new impeller to arrive for my MCP600 as he sent my package to another guy (in Essex, luckily) and his to me. But today I started sanding down my box. Gonna finish it off tomorrow. Also, I got my mates digital camera so will start taking pics too. So it begins

P.S. My project presentation went pretty well. Will find out my final grade in about two weeks and will let you all know
Unread 05-31-2004, 06:42 PM   #165
JokerCPoC
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meethoss
Well I'm still waiting for my new impeller to arrive for my MCP600 as he sent my package to another guy (in Essex, luckily) and his to me. But today I started sanding down my box. Gonna finish it off tomorrow. Also, I got my mates digital camera so will start taking pics too. So it begins

P.S. My project presentation went pretty well. Will find out my final grade in about two weeks and will let you all know
Good Luck on your Grade, I hope You did well.
Joker3: 1-270 @ 2.40(2nd-270 cpu soon)GHz cpu[Ntune], K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
Joker4: 2-285 @ 3.25? GHz cpu[Ntune], (soon) K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
Joker5: 2-285 @ 3.25? GHz cpu[Ntune], (soon) K8N-DL v1.03(1007 Bios)
(10.10GHz now, 25.43GHz maybe? Crunchin 4 SetiBoinc for the PC Perspective Killer Frogs)
JokerCPoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #166
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Thanks man - I hope so too

I got my impeller today and installed that and have started sleeving the wires in the w/c case. I've got one left and then I can install the PSU, rad, res and all the tubing. All it needs after that is the relay and then it's complete. In the mean time I can test it by shorting the PSU wires.

After that I can cut the holes in my case for the tubing, make the long molex to connect to the PSU and then start installing the blocks

P.S. I'm taking pictures whilst I'm doing this!
Unread 06-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #167
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ah - the box is finished I've taken pictures so you can all see but my mate didn't have the cable so he'll give them to me after he's got them from the card (I don't have a card reader). What I'm going to do tonight is leak test the box. Then tomorrow I'll take my current cooling off, measure all the tubing with the blocks on, leak test them and then install it all. Oh, that reminds me, I better make that relay
Unread 06-07-2004, 08:36 AM   #168
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ok, I'm getting close to finishing (well, we'll see with this weather ). I've gotta cut the holes in my case to allow the tubing to go through and finish sleeving my wires. I leak tested last night and there were no leaks except from a little on the quick connects where I was minus two hose clamps which have no been bought

I should have it finished by tomorrow at the latest and then should be posting the pics. Finally!
Unread 06-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #169
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Bleh. Ok, well current news is that I run out of sleeving so I'm waiting for my third Vantec SLeeving Kit. Also, the cathode in my w/c was not working (****ing overclockers.co.uk - they haven't responded to my E-mails!) and when taking it out I broke it further. So I ordered one of those too. I guess they should be here by latest Monday. All I've left to do is sleeve some wires and install the PSU, Aerogate and cathodes then I'm done.

I gave the memory card to my mate so he could send me the photos and I'll put these up in a day or two. I will then get it back to take the final photos when it's all done
Unread 06-12-2004, 04:31 PM   #170
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Ok, well all done - sorta. My only problem has been my Aerogate 2 which is shouting abuse at me out of its speaker and I have no explanation for. Temps are around mid 30's idle which is about similar to before. I've still gotta stress test it, which previously was around 55. Those are in centigrade BTW and for the CPU using the on-chip thing.

Photo's are still with my friend being put on to the computer. I'll give him a kick up the arse tomorrow and also take some final photos. At the moment the controller is not being used but I'll hopefully fix that tomorrow.
Unread 06-13-2004, 05:11 AM   #171
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Well full load running all night and it's only 37 degrees so I'm impressed. Waiting for my mate to fix the Aerogate and get those pictures done.
Unread 06-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #172
killernoodle
Thermophile

Wow... youve been busy. PICS!!!
Unread 06-16-2004, 07:16 AM   #173
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Finally - I have some of those pics I've been promising you Here's one as a taster :

And the rest are at http://wc.i-squared.co.uk.

BTW - I should be able to make the newest ones of the finished product available in a day or two. I'll post here when they are done.

Last edited by Meethoss; 06-26-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Meethoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 07:53 AM   #174
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Is there room to move the fan that's curently inside the radiator shroud to outside the shroud?
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #175
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Possibly - just about. I see where you are going with this...to get better airflow? It's a possibility, but not until I've had time to relax cos this has taken a while and a lot of stress :P