Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-16-2003, 04:44 PM   #1
pokpok
Cooling Neophyte

Default making an acrylic res. how should i make the holes?

i have 1/4 in thick acrylic, that will be used to build a resevoir. it will be someting like a square bong,like square mj bong n e ways...would it be ok to tap this thin acrylic and put a barb in it or no? should i just drill the hole it and put pvc cement? what else would i use to waterproof it?

do they make clear pvc cement. my theres some in my garage but it looks like it dries blue
pokpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
pokpok
Cooling Neophyte

another thought...is plexi adhesive ok to use if i put the barbs into the acrylic?
Unread 02-16-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
pokpok
Cooling Neophyte

one more q...would it ok to use plumbers goop to connect the barbs into the holes...and also use the goop to piece the acrylic together?
Unread 02-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
golovko
Cooling Savant

what i would do is use poly fittings and put them in place, then heat the plexi where the fittings are a bit to melt the two polymers together, then goop around inside and out to seal the connection.
golovko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
pokpok
Cooling Neophyte

hahaha awesome suggestion. ill try it in a few days (need to get the rest of my wawa cooling), hopefully it wont warp too bad
Unread 02-17-2003, 01:00 AM   #6
Blackeagle
Thermophile

I'd say for best results use the solvent called weld 16 for joining the plexi. And for the barbs use nylon barbs and a bit of plumber glue. I'd not heat the plexi though, plexi will shrink when heated. And that will stress you corner joints. Not good.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote