Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 11-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
k|ngp|n
Cooling Neophyte

Default Excellent

Nice..Joe. This section will make a great adddition to your forums. I would be glad to be a contributing part of it.

Welcome to the world of xtreme cooling using containers mounted to your computer hardware filled with Dry Ice/dry ice fluid mixtures OR Liquid Nitrogen for no other reason than to see just how fast your processor or graphics card can go

Here are some pics of some of my overclocked rigs with DI/ln2 containers mounted that I have used to set World Record benchmarks with. I also included pics of my arc-press that I use occaionally. No container holdown needed.

dothan 780m asus p4gd1 7800gtx512mb

fx57 dfi nf4sli 2x7800gtx256:

dothan 770m asus p4c800-e radeon x850xtpe:

dothan 780es p4p800-e:

This is my 30litre dewar that I use to hold ln2. It has a flow head and pressure relief valve for flowing the nitrogen out of the dewar. No need for tipping to fill smaller vessels

I designed and built my first DI/ln2 container recently, and I am working on some new designs currently. I call this one my Ice Dragon cpu container. It was machined out of solid copper bar with a cnc lathe. The concept behind this design was too put as much copper mass closest to the core of the cpu- where it is needed most. There is a core rod protruding from the bottom with a relief around it in the center of the container which serves this purpose very well. It's second function is to serve as a pedestal for the rod in my arc/ press by keeping it out of the ln2 that fills the bottm of the container when in use. The container needed to be machined out of soild copper and have thick walls and base with no brazed joints. This unit has tons of mass (cooling capacity) and weighs over 4lbs! So far the design has worked xtremely well through a variety of testing, and I have been able to take my hardware to new heights and scores with it. The loaded base temperatures It produces are simply amazing.
Finished container:

"core" of the design:

Copper bar that was used to make it:

Pic of the container getting bored on the cnc:

Here is shot of one of the gpu containers I have used on numerous graphics cards. It was made by a hvac engneer named Reginald Wing using one of his spiral evaporator blocks and some brazed pipe
It mounts to the video card horizontally using a bracket which matches the holes of whatever card I am using.

KP

Last edited by k|ngp|n; 11-28-2005 at 05:21 PM.
k|ngp|n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
9mmCensor
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Excellent

Not enough Bling as some people here would say. Chrome that sucker and your off to a good start.
9mmCensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
567234ta
Cooling Neophyte

i want one of those gpu cans by reggie!!!
2x512 ocz platinum elite
Antec 550 true control 2.0
567234ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
Leeum
Cooling Neophyte

You my friend... are insane!
Leeum is offline   Reply With Quote