Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 05-11-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Crosstrack16
Cooling Savant

Default Does this mini HSF look good?

CPUFX
Crosstrack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
krazy
Cooling Savant

interesting design. I am not the kind of guy that can tell you how it would perform by looking at it; I'll leave that up to the rest of the crew. The thing that I saw and didn't like was the mounting brackets. It has separate screw down clips which will make it nearly impossible to clamp down squarely on the CPU die. Aside from that, maybe, maybe not. It looks like it would take a lot of airflow to cool much. A lot of the air in the center of the holes is not touching hot aluminum to conduct away heat. A design with lots of small holes (or fins, duh) would be theoretically better. Generally, the more contact between air and metal the better.
Unread 05-11-2003, 09:44 PM   #3
Crosstrack16
Cooling Savant

Do you think if the block was solid and the holes were drilled straight through, its may disperse more heat...
Crosstrack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2003, 10:01 PM   #4
zoson
Cooling Savant

The core is an old heatsink, aptly name for it's uncanny ability to crush cpu cores. Don't bother getting it. You can find reviews and massive amounts of complaints about it online, google for it.

About it's cooling, it was actually pretty decent when it first came out. Nowdays I doubt it could handle the heatload of a hot AthlonXP.
-Zoson

Core i7 930 @ 4254Hz 22x193 | ASUS R3E 901 BIOS | 12GB Mushkin Blackline 3x4GB @ 1547MHz 7-8-7-24-1N | Lian Li PC-A10B
2x EVGA GTX275 SLI @ 720/1266/1566 | 2x 80GB Intel X25-M G2 SSD Raid 0 | 3x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7.2K Raid 5 | Corsair 950TX
H2O | Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A | EK-FB RE3 | Swiftech - 2x MCW60/GTX275 Unisink, MCP655b, MCRes Micro.v2 | 3x HWLabs SR1-120
あなたの神への弓
Time isn't wasted, when you're gettin' wasted.
zoson is offline   Reply With Quote