Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 08-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Fr3nzy
Cooling Neophyte

Default more computer help for fr3nzy...please

This will be my 3rd build, my first two were for friends and I got a good amount of practice in the classes offered at school. I've been looking to make myself a computer for a while and I have about 750 dollars to spend, tax not included. (going to take a shot at OCing) I already have myself a monitor, keyboard/mouse, and speakers. I don't need some fancy sound card (integrated will do) and I'd like to be able to run games on the level of HL2.

I'm not coming here to say what I want and have you guys come up with perfect-fitting miracle parts, but I would like suggestions or tips/pointers on OCing and what parts would probably fit my needs within my price range. I'm willing to buy AGP or PCI-E, I don't mind either, but I'd like some degree of upgradeability (I don't know if that's even a word).

Any and all suggestions are welcome, thanks again in advance guys.
Fr3nzy is offline   Reply With Quote