Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 06-30-2002, 04:58 AM   #1
tim-may
Cooling Savant

Default active memroy cooling

I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on Thermaltake's active memory cooling kit. Some tests show that it can barely cool 1/2 to 2 degrees C, but some tests they have been dropping around 10 degrees C. something doesnt seems right to me.... ive noticed on the test rigs that are used that the major temp changes are from systems with ddr and the minor temp changes are with pc133. so..i dont know. i was gonna try oakie rigging one together....but with a little more power i was gonna mount a 80x80mm panaflo onto a somewhat thin piece of aluminum and use some arctic silver expoxy (plus clips if necessary) and see how it does. if anybody knows (or can find out) if the thermaltake kit works or not, please post.

AMD Althon XP 1700+ JUIHB 0302 @ 2Ghz (air cooled)
10.5 Multiplier X 191 FSB = 2005
Epox 8RDA
OCZ PC3500 512mb EL (SYNC CAS2-2-2-4-2)
eVGA Ti4200 64mb @ 285/570 (stock air cooling)
Antec True550
Antec True430 for 220w pelt

Last edited by tim-may; 06-30-2002 at 05:02 AM.
tim-may is offline   Reply With Quote