Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 07-02-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
gizo
Cooling Neophyte

Default 'lil rant

so what is happening to procooling.com regarding their articles and reviews? It's been such a long while since I have read a good review from here. I have been looking forward to the waterblock and radiator roundup for at least a good month now. I wish procooling would stick to its name and commit to oc cooling reviews and not be as critical with the k7 thunder board. I think oc cooling is where procooling is at, and not hardware reviews.

just my 2 cents worth of disappointments
gizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2001, 09:55 PM   #2
Buster
Cooling Neophyte

I give Joe 2 thumbs up for all his hardwork and effort with Procooling.com
If you have ever taken on the task of running an online webstore or an information site as Procooling is, you would know its a monumental task. Joe works full time at a 9 -5 Job, and im sure puts in as many or more hours at procooling, as well as alot of his own cash. From time to time I'm sure he needs to step away for a weekend, and reclaim his social life, as he stated he was doing this weekend. Most all articles on procooling are in someway related to overclocking and cooling. Im sure the site was not designed with just you in mind. Joe does a pretty damn good job of keeping new content up. But this is America, and you are intitled to your 2 cents.... This is my 2 cents, "Joe, keep up the great work"

... Buster
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2001, 12:16 AM   #3
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Gizo, you offer me a job?

No?

Then STFU.. Put it this way, if I focus on the roundup and get it done in the next 2 weeks.. it wouldnt ****ING MATTER! Cause I would be out of work, out of money and procooling would ****ing VANISH... a lot of good a round up would be then eh?

I dont need to hear your shit... if you dont like that I have to work 40 hours a week to support this site, and I am currenting switching projects, then PLEASE OFFER ME A JOB. Then I can sit back comfortably, and do reviews.

Got it?

If you don't like it, read icrontic or something.

( Yes I am a lil bent over the insinuation that I am not working my ass off.... you pull 80 weeks( 40 at work, 40 on PC) every week. and tell me how happy you would be to hear a know nothing kid rant about you)

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2001, 12:23 AM   #4
ItsSoLARGE
Cooling Savant

What something more important than procooling... and my rights as a reader to get free information. Screw the job Joe.. I need more cooling..

jk

**** u Gizo...
Joe works damn hard and ur ****ing lucky that you get articles like DH3 for free....
but i know what u mean Gizo things have been slow..
Unread 07-03-2001, 03:01 AM   #5
Darkhorse
Cooling Savant

Guys,

Give Joe a break. This is a bloody good site, but at the end of the day Joe needs to earn a living.

I'm pretty sure that this site doesn't support itself cost wise. So unless you want to wade through 20+ popup adverts, just be patient and while you wait for some updates GET A LIFE.

Good luck with the job hunting Joe.

<Rant Mode Off>
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2001, 09:42 AM   #6
gizo
Cooling Neophyte

hey joe, my apologies for coming off wrong. I did not mean you weren't doing one hell of a job. I think you write great articles. I just think that procooling should focus more on water cooling reviews and not hardware reviews.

and for the rest of you who also mistook what I wrote, I did not blame joe for anything. I just ranted about procooling's purpose on the net.

As an audience, I know where to get my hardware review, cooling review, etc.... And my thoughts are just suggestions and input to procooling. Althought joe owns the procooling.com site, i am sure there are others in the procooling staff.
Unread 07-03-2001, 04:47 PM   #7
gizo
Cooling Neophyte

so how did joe bring us the article to the tyan dually mobo first when he hasn't written it yet? please do explain yourself highvoltagepc.
Unread 07-03-2001, 04:53 PM   #8
gizo
Cooling Neophyte

hey high voltage pc, there are some links to the motherboard you've always wanted to read about. i took some of my time and found it for you since you seem so anxious about dually-ing your system. that just came off from the first page of the google search. hope it helps you decide on what you want to get. but too bad i couldn't get any results from google when i typed in waterblock/radiator roundup. i guess that's because there aren't any sites out there that does that huh?
http://www.2cpu.com/Hardware/thunder_k7/
http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=88
http://accelenation.com/?doc=2
http://www.materiel.net/details_S2462.html
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=34312
Unread 07-03-2001, 05:38 PM   #9
Joe

hehehehe

easy boys... No the Thunder K7 review will NOT BY ANY MEANS be the first, and talking about stuff the others haven't wrote is hard to do cause there are SO many other solid review for it around.

My experiences with the board are a lil below what some of the other sites have reported but over all inline.. so I wouldn't hold this one as any higher regards then the others, but use it as just another thing to see what just some guy thought about the board.

and Gizo, there are other staff, but summers here, do you really want to be at your PC 24/7 when its 75 with a cool breeze on a nice sunny day? I know I sure as hell don't and I dont blame my staff for enjoying the summer themselfs.

Please lets not get all worked up about the mobo review...

I am not doing it INSTEAD of anyting, I am doing it cause its the only thing I CAN do in my spare time right now. also the roundup rig is down hard as I found most of the coolant spilled out of it last night and I think the KT7E mobo I was using my be a lil hurt from that. waiting for it to dry.

The point of doign more then PURELY cooling, is to attract some people who have been afraid of cooling to the site and maybe get more people interested in the hobby. Also the hardware I am reviewing MOSTLY will be used in a cooling rig later on, and how nice would it be to be able to refer my readers to a reivew I have done about that product to get a lil more background?

also Gizo you forgot Anand's review

Unread 07-03-2001, 05:46 PM   #10
gizo
Cooling Neophyte

hey joe, nice set up with that ultimate test cooling rig!!! sorry to hear your baby broke a leak, that's unfortunate. I was doing some water cooling test of my own last night on my rig and that too broke a leak. thank the lord i didn't put my parts in there yet or else it might have became tragic. good luck with everything!

hey, maybe if you need a writer or extra hand, email me. I'm always interested.

lamchan@globemotorsports.com
Unread 07-03-2001, 11:47 PM   #11
Highvoltagepc
Cooling Neophyte

yeah well just from joes comments and pictures the last week or two,has been enough info for me to decide with,i can do a search and end up with a bunch of links to,because now everyone is reviewing them,but i was talking about like two weeks ago when it was first mentioned that Enpc was getting them in stock,the only review i found at the time was some guy who got to borrow one for a couple hours,oh wow!sorry i didnt clarify that,and there is another roundup going on in a week or whenever at ruggedreviews dot something,.......later
Unread 07-04-2001, 03:15 AM   #12
Joe

Well dave and gizo the review is up: http://www.procooling.com/reviews/ht...7_review.shtml

Unread 07-04-2001, 02:44 PM   #13
Highvoltagepc
Cooling Neophyte

great review Joe!!pretty great piece of hardware,thanks again man,, much appreciated!
Unread 07-08-2001, 04:17 PM   #14
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Gizo, I can speak for no one else except myself. If you are wondering where my articles are, there's one coming, but in general, I am VERY busy and VERY broke. I don't get paid to write for ProCooling. I do it as fun side-project to the rest of my life. That is what is so cool about Joe. He puts no pressure on any of the staff, because he is human and understands that people have other things to do. You don't pay me to write articles for you. So just chill out and wait... they are coming. I also have plenty more things coming up, but like i said, I'm not paid. I lack money. I lack time. All things considered, I really do try to put out content for the readers. Sorry if i'm slackin...