Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 10-01-2002, 05:22 PM   #76
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

It works here...

just right click on the red X and select "show picture". Repeat until it appears.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #77
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

still nothing. repeated about 10 times each...
Unread 10-01-2002, 08:34 PM   #78
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Next option that will work is to right click the red X and select properties, then copy the URL it gives you and paste it into the browser.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #79
mo
Cooling Savant

That has got to be the most professionally done block I have seen to date
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #80
DodgeViper

When is someone going to report creditable temps? I must say for those that are complaining about the price, your nuts. Given the fact your getting the Lexan top and Aluminum top and the attention to detail. The rounded edges, the recess pockets for the machine screws. This is a quality built block and to complain about the cost is plain ridiculous. Just the time on a CNC mill will set you back a bundle not to mention the material. Paul, you have created a masterpiece and the quality shows that you and a CNC mill work together in harmony. I would love to test one of these water blocks.
DodgeViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2002, 11:56 AM   #81
Vector86
Cooling Savant

whats ur price ? that block is a sexy hunk of stuff
Vector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2002, 01:24 PM   #82
nexxo
Cooling Savant

OK, I fixed the picture problem (in the end, as always, it was something simple and stupid). You should see the blocks in all their glory now...

@ Vector86: ask Paul, he makes them. He charges $120,-- USD per block or $200,-- USD for a pair. Well worth it.

@ Dodgeviper: look for Technonut's thread in this forum: he reports temps and a comparison with his Spir@l.
Unread 10-02-2002, 03:53 PM   #83
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

they are really a masterpiece.

you should install them ASAP, you don't want to wake up one morning and your wife tells you she just smashed two enormously big spiders crawling on the table in the other room...
Unread 10-03-2002, 04:34 AM   #84
The Overclocker
Cooling Neophyte

i am very impressed with that waterblock, do you plan to make a more basic and simpler designed one for people who cannot afford it or is this just a waterblock that the people with money have?

i feel that it would be a shame to put it in a normal waterblock shape, but if that means you can cut costs then it may be a good idea for people who want performance at a low price

finally, is all the aluminum anodised - i know the battery effect has already been covered, and that is is not an issue, but a waterblock at looks as good as this deserves to stay looking that good - how much would it cost to anodise it?

Last edited by The Overclocker; 10-03-2002 at 05:20 AM.
The Overclocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2002, 12:24 PM   #85
nexxo
Cooling Savant

@ Puzzdre: Uncannily, my wife doesn't much like spiders, so you could've been right... But I showed the blocks to her, and she thinks they look "cute". Having said that, she feels I should put a window in my case to show them off. Who am I to argue!

@ The Overclocker: I don't make them, I'm just a happy customer. Paul Vodrazka (who started this thread) makes them. I think he aimed to just make a really good block and this is what came out (a lot of thought has actually been put into it and I can assure you that what you see has technical reasons underpinning everything, it was not just about making it look pretty). He has more plans but he has to make his stuff in his spare time and he leads a rather busy life. I'm encouraging him to post some of his other designs though... they're rather awesome.

Anodized they're not, and I have no idea how much that would cost. Paul may have access to that sort of equipment, but you'd have to ask him.
Unread 10-03-2002, 03:13 PM   #86
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Who am I to argue!
Right !
Unread 10-04-2002, 03:05 AM   #87
The Overclocker
Cooling Neophyte

nexxo: i realise you havn't made the block, and most of the infomation you gave me i had already from reading the thread. however i belive this block although it is very good looking is not the best performing block, perhaps in the future Paul could make a good performing block but without the beautiful, but unnesessary additions which make this block to expensive to machine and craft

i myself like function over form, this may be to do with the fact that i dont have a window in my computer , or it may just be that i cant afford to have both - however i would be very interested in a waterblock which performed very well and could be made cheaply, whether Paul will consider making a block like that is entirly up to him

Finally congralations go to paul on making such a nice waterblock, i only wish i could afford it.
The Overclocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2002, 01:39 PM   #88
RickCain
Cooling Savant

How many of these are left for us to buy??
RickCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2002, 04:19 PM   #89
nexxo
Cooling Savant

E-mail Paul; he made 12 in his first batch; I think he still has a few left.