Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-12-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
lxGhOsTxl
Cooling Neophyte

newbie in need of some help....

hey i got my first water cooling system wich has the next main parts: black ice extreme2 rad , l30 , bay - res , 3 blocks.

now my question is how do i fill (: and bleed the system if the radiotor mounted to the top while the bay - res under it?

Last edited by lxGhOsTxl; 07-12-2003 at 06:20 PM.
lxGhOsTxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
winewood
Cooling Savant

Quote:
how do i feel
dunno how you feel about this, but....

I have seen the little bubbles go through the loop and eventually go away as they entered my res. Your setup will take longer to bleed but the answer is time imho. You could assemble the loop of components and tip the case over on its side (providing you have a somewhat closed system) and that may help in bleeding the system more. But remember, a leak test should last 24 hours and you should be bled by that time, providing there is not bubbling agents like Dawn or household cleaners in your system
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
lxGhOsTxl
Cooling Neophyte

so puting the case on it side is the only way i guess then cos if ill open the res in normal position of case all the water will spill out becouse the rad is higher? correct me if im wrong?
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:46 PM   #4
cybrsamurai
Cooling Savant

if your res is sealed and unmovable you can turn your computer upside down and put a big bowl full of coolant ontop of the case. Its kind of a pain in the butt as you will need extra tubing in order to put both ends in the bowl then when the loop is air free you will need to connect the circuit and you will either have excess tubing or you will have to do some crafty cutting. Its really hard to bleed/fill a system that has a rad as the highest point. Ohh if your pump isnt self priming its fun getting the coolant flowing too.

Or instead of the bowl you can move your res above the radiator while filling/bleeding. This is the way I would do it if I had the option.
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:55 PM   #5
lxGhOsTxl
Cooling Neophyte

hmmmm the idea with the bowl seems interesting i may ad an 3 tap part to the circuit to do it (if i find any taps in here) .....but then the res is useless

if i put my case on the back my res will be highest, but there will be some air left inside any way becouse the hole on the res wont be the highest.....is it crucial thet the system will be totaly out of air?
Unread 07-12-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
cybrsamurai
Cooling Savant

if you have all the air trapped in the res when you turn it back over and pinch off the tubing going "up" the air should escape through the res opening. Its going to be important to remove all the air from the system as the rad will be where the air collects. If you have air in your rad it will greatly reduce the efficiency of your cooling system.