Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
ColdFlo
Cooling Neophyte

Default External Heat Dump Project

Ive decided to create an outdoors reservoir for my many phase cooled pcs to lower my elec bill and just finish the cooling tweak on my systems for the whole house. I happened to have a 275 gallon tote I could use for the job, but once I realized that this would be underground the big problem I can't seem to figure out is what pump to use. I'm left with 2 options either a submersible pump with 16' head(5 feet to ground level + 11 feet above ground) which, of course, would have a high heat dump, but may be the best option because the only other option is a jet pump which usually only come in 1/2hp and up has a huge outlet pressure(60psi) and I'm sure would have a much higher heat dump. I plan on running 1" pex inside to the heat exchangers on the high pressure side. If anyone can help me find a pump for this job it would be greatly appreciated. Pressure is not an issue(low is better) but reaching the second floor from a reservoir burried 5 feet under is.....
ColdFlo is offline   Reply With Quote