Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 08-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Default Radiator Size.

I need to know if this is enough radiator for a 226w pelt, and 2 - 80w pelts? Will be cooling latest/greatest cpu, gpu, and nb. Heatercore, it has 12.125" X 7.875" X 2" of cooling space. Thanks for the input.

BrianW

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
Blackeagle
Thermophile

AS a rad that size is bound to require a exterior mounting set up, why not 2-192 which is larger yet. And due to it's more square shape should have lower resistence due to the larger number of tubes per pass & slightly shorter passes.

The heat from 3 TEC's + 3 O/Ced chips + pump heat = A heck of a lot of watts! !

So the more cooling the better.

What pump, fans & blocks do you intend to use for this set up?

Edit:

2-192 10.75 X 10.25 X 2 = 220.375 cubic inches of volume.

A solid 10% increase in rad size, yet should offer lower head loss.

Should make for a extremely powerfull system! Congrats !

Last edited by Blackeagle; 08-24-2003 at 05:34 PM.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #3
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Actually it is going to be an internal setup, and the square one you listed will not fit. Besides I already have the radiator, so it will be what I am going to use. Pump is the Iwaki MD15rt (japanese version), fans will be two - 24vdc Comair Rotron Major DC (235cfm version), sucking through tthe radiator. Block's are TBD, although the new line of Swiftech gear is looking like the way I may go. Escecially if they come out with a chipset tec block.

BrianW

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)

Last edited by BrianW; 08-24-2003 at 07:53 PM.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2003, 04:41 AM   #4
BO(V)BZ
Cooling Neophyte

BrianW: It sounds like you have about the same setup as me.

I've got rad # 2-193, which is the same as that one, except 1/2" shorter, an Iwaki WMD-20RLZT, a pair of Comair Rotron Major 12VDC fans, but only 1 226W and 1 80W TECs. I've got it figured out to get all that junk inside a Lian Li PC70.

If I were you, I'd try to get 2 heatercores in your case if you can manage. You could mount the large rad at the top, and another smaller one at the bottom. What case are you going to use? If you got a Lian Li PC76, you could pull that off with no trouble.

BO(V)BZ
BO(V)BZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
Ubernerdsteve
Cooling Neophyte

personally i wouldnt run three pelts on the same system i would run the big on on the big core and get a smaller core and run the 2 smaller ones on that possibly =/
Ubernerdsteve is offline   Reply With Quote