Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 06-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
Fr3nzy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Computer for myself

I'm going to undertake the making of a new computer for myself. Mine's getting pretty old and broken down, and I've been saving up. I have about 1100 dollars to spend, and I'd like to make the system as silent as possible (I guess you could call it a stealth system). Right now my computer is a jet engine, so sound is a big issue for me. I do a lot of gaming, I probably won't OC and I'm looking at an AMD, PCI-E system.
My biggest issue is the case, there's a lot of cases out there with bad airflow, very stupid, in my opinion, looks and not-well-planned layout. I'd like a case that's very simple, with good airflow (generally good cooling). I don't need tons of stuff, for me the simpler the better. All I want to do to it is add some UV reactant cables, and/or some blue lighting (and a UV light if I go with the cables). I've been wondering if it's possible to add a window to a case that normally doens't have a window on it, and doesn't have a special window kit for it. If anybody has suggestions on good cases, that won't look silly with a window, and are good post it her eor talk to me on AIM/e-mail (EmptyKeg@hotmail.com or Uberpoobhaman (AIM) ). Thanks again!
Fr3nzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Worth a look at: http://www.silentpcreview.com/
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
Fr3nzy
Cooling Neophyte

http://www.xoxide.com/hspc-tech-stat...rge-black.html I know that isn't exactly silent, but I assume those are pretty good in terms of cooling and all, I'd just be scared someone would come in and touch it, or it'd some how get screwed up.
Fr3nzy is offline   Reply With Quote