Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 03-07-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Clique
Cooling Neophyte

Out of the Blue

Hey all, thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. I'm at a loss.

I have a Snap Server 2200 with 2 250GB drives that has been working fine for about a year. Not heavy use at all, but always powered on.

The other day I went to connect to the Snap via XP Network Connection and it gave and error so I tried to connect via the web address - nothing.

Figured I would reboot, now I have the System light blinking, Link Green solid and the Net light blinking or double blinking intermittently.

Since I have quite a bit of stuff on the Snap I'm wondering what the best course of action would be to resolve? reset? and get the Snap back online.

Any help is appreciated.
Clique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Out of the Blue

What you describe is a normal condition, unless the sys and disk are blinking in unison. You can confirm by looking at LED error codes in the wiki section. Try using Assist and see if it see the snap.

See if it will power down normaly, holding the buttom, then restart. If that fails do a reset to factory, you will need a copy of assist to locate and do the initial setup.

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Hallis
Cooling Savant

The system light blinking with a single blink every second or so is normal, Link should be solid, with random flickering of the Net and even Disk lights. Although the disk light should only blink when files are being accessed. Might have to do a reset as per the instructions in the Wiki section.

Shane

1100 - 1x300gb Seagate Baracuda (SnapOS Version 3.4.807)
2200 - 2x80gb Maxtor (one dead) (SnapOS 4.0.860)
Hallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
Phoenix32
Thermophile

Is that System LED blinking about once per second (normal) or fast (panic mode)?

If it is fast (panic mode), what configuration are your drives in? Independent shares, RAID 0 (Striped), or RAID 1 (Mirrored)?
Phoenix32 is offline   Reply With Quote