Go Back   Pro/Forums > Site News and Blogs > ProCooling workBlogs > Brian's WorkLog
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #101
scopEDog
Cooling Neophyte

Brian,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

-Eddie
scopEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #102
murray13
Cooling Savant

Brian, you will see a little something in your Ppal acct. Like someone said, you can use it to go out to dinner during all of this. Or the thought I had was to start a college fund for little Deborah Elease. That way you feel good about accepting it. And you can tell Deborah the whole story about how her college fund got started.

Just a thought.

Either way, we're all here for you in our hearts and prayers.
murray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #103
Roger_Smith
Cooling Neophyte

I followed the link at 3dgameman.com forums and read this thread.

You and your family are in my prayers and I hope that everything does turn out well for your wife.
Roger_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #104
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

I usually try really hard to think positive, so I'm gonna congratulate you on a newborn first,
and, hope that your wife will get better soon. Just be there for her.

Keep the spirit as much as you can, hope that all of these posts can give you some too.

I wish you two (or better, six) all the best and to be together again very very soon.
Unread 02-26-2004, 04:06 PM   #105
frozbyte
Cooling Neophyte

I am linking in from Overclockers.com. I am really sorry to hear about your wife's condition.

I have personally just started drinking Noni juice and have heard of many different uses that it has been successful put into. I hope you can check out the 2 sites as follow:

1) http://www.incc.org/sfs/testimonials/category_63.htm

2) http://www.tahitiannoni.com/us/us_index.htm

The first site lists some testimonials from stroke patients while the second shows the best product in this category.

I am not trying to sell you anything, just offering a suggestion...
frozbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #106
Incoherent
Cooling Savant

I have not been monitoring the thread at all until today. I am very sorry to hear of your situation Brian, it is impossible to understand what you are going through except to imagine I was in your shoes, not easy. At all.
Warmest congratulations for the birth of your daughter, hoping sincerely her mother makes a (full) recovery.

Jonathan Walford
Incoherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:07 PM   #107
JayTeague
Cooling Neophyte

Brian,

My congradulations on your new child, and my deepest wishes that your wife has a complete and speedy recovery.

Jay
JayTeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #108
gmanpsycho
Cooling Neophyte

Default Thoughts & prayers

Linked over from Overclockers.com and thought I'd join in to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. May GOD richly bless and strengthen you. Ihope you don't mind references to the Bible. Isaiah 53 (the whole chapter), Phillipians 4:13.
gmanpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #109
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Man, I been gone for a while and didn't pickup on this. Sorry to hear about the wife. If the mother of my daughter had problems it would be difficult, not sure what I would do. I hope things work out for the better for you, your daughter, and your wife. Good luck and keep positive!
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:47 PM   #110
Brians256
Pro/Staff

eire1274, I think you hit my beliefs fairly well. I have no idea what will come, but I believe in the eventual good that God will bring.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #111
przero
Cooling Neophyte

I don't know anything about you other than what I read in this
thread. I was linked from a site I really enjoy(Overclockers.com)
and they had an article about your family. you guys are in my prayers
and I'll monitor this thread for the outcome. Maybe this will help:
Mark 10:46-52. God Bless you and yours!
przero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 09:58 PM   #112
silverarrow974
Cooling Neophyte

Hello Brian, just linked from OC. I admire the coolness with which you wrote your messages. What's happening here leaves me speechless. Congratulation for your new daughter. My positive thoughts and prayers for a fast and complete recovery for your wife.
silverarrow974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM   #113
Brians256
Pro/Staff

I just got the kids put down and I got a chance to read some of this stuff, and I'm still feeling overwhelmed at the response of all you fellow geeks out there.

I got Heather transferred to a rehabilitation center today called RIO (Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon) which is supposed to be good (anyone know how to do comparison shopping on rehab centers?). It is supposed to be an intense rehab course with 7 days a week of about 5 hours of therapy per day (which is probably pushing Heather to the max, since she is asleep so much during the day).

She fell asleep during the admittance interview, but the nurse says that happens a lot with stroke patients since the brain is trying to shut down and heal itself. I think she is doing very well with the physical side of recovery (she can walk with assistance!), but she's not progressing as well with other stuff (her saying that a nurse was her mother-in-law, for instance, was a big warning flag for the admit nurse). Right now, I'm most worried that she doesn't seem to have any emotions/initiative/personality. Hopefully that will come back as well.

So, thank you all for your help and prayers! I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with her rehab sessions and then back home with the kids. Work has been amazingly understanding with my wish to be with my wife as much as possible, and your help has really made it easier.

God bless you all for helping.
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:52 PM   #114
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanpsycho
Linked over from Overclockers.com and thought I'd join in to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. May GOD richly bless and strengthen you. Ihope you don't mind references to the Bible. Isaiah 53 (the whole chapter), Phillipians 4:13.
Nope. Don't mind. This thread probably made it clear that I'm a Christian. But, I hope that this thread doesn't get side-tracked by people who want to debate differing religious views, though. I like a good debate, since an honest debate usually leads both sides to more understanding. But, I don't have the time right now to moderate out the stupid flames that inevitably result. Besides, it probably belongs in this thread, not here.
Unread 02-26-2004, 11:53 PM   #115
Aardil
Cooling Savant

Brian
................................... I dont have the words

If you need ANYTHING, you know how to reach me.

Aardil
Aardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 12:51 AM   #116
johan851
Cooling Neophyte

Brian - I'm over here from the OC Forums after hearing about what happened. Just wanted to let you know that I can't get your situation out of my head for some reason, and that I'm praying for you.

Psalm 23, as cliche as it is at times, always helps me fall asleep.

-Eric
johan851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 04:09 AM   #117
*GBG*uggbash
Cooling Neophyte

I’m sure the Doctors do a great job. But I would check if they give here some "brain fat" EPA and DHA. Since the brain consists to a large part of those fats, it seams logical that it would be a good thing to give the brain a good supply of those building blocks. A good brand is EYEQ, there have been many studies lately involving giving four parts EPA and one part DHA, it helps the brains of mentally ill to recover and it helps the brain of ADHA children, reducing their symptoms. (all showed in serious studies carried out by medics)

Ask the doctors, right now there is a school testing it, http://www.durhamtrial.org/, check the results they have had so far, there is a boy with dyslexia improving his writing enormously… check this before and after picture out.

After 3 months..

I believe in this stuff, I take it for my depressions (just started) and perhaps it would help your wife.

;Edit those fats, are called OMEGA-3, what's new is the 4 EPA 1 DHA ratio, and that they have done some serious studies on it, proving this old fish-oil treatment very healthy.

Last edited by *GBG*uggbash; 02-27-2004 at 04:15 AM.
*GBG*uggbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 09:59 AM   #118
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

My wife and I have added you to my mother's "prayer circle". We hope she recovers and will be back home soon.

The baby looks beautiful and healthy. Congrats!

"Oooooooooh... that's gonna leave a mark!"
MMZ_TimeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #119
jss0134
Cooling Neophyte

Brian,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. This has hit home with me also as I have 2 beautiful boys, one 15 weeks old, and the other 28 months old. If something was to happen to my wife, I would not know how to handle it, but you seem to be handling this situation very well.

To end on a positive note: Congratulations with your new addition. She will be bring much joy to your life.
jss0134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:21 AM   #120
mrmagoo_83
Cooling Neophyte

Read about his on the front page of HardOCP.

I wish you and your wife the best. I have been married for nearly 3 months now, and last night I accidentily broke my wifes nose, and I am distraught, I hate seeing her in pain, especially when there is nothing I can do about it. I don't know how I could ever handle what you are going through. I know she means the world to me, and I know yours means the same.

All our prayers are with you and your wife.
mrmagoo_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:31 AM   #121
Kerbie
Cooling Neophyte

Brian,

I don't even know how to begin. I'm so terribly sorry that this happened to you. I feel for you man.
This past decemeber (29th) my mom, a 42 yr old healthy woman, suddenly had a stroke. It happened just after she moved back in with me and my brother. We had been living with our dad and she had been living alone for the past 4 years. Anyway, i know exactly what you mean by "no one there". I looked at my mom in the hospital and she couldnt say a word. She could barely move her arm. It was probably the most terrifying thing i have ever experienced.
I'm happy to say that she has made a tremendous recovery. Her speach is pretty much back to normal. She has her motor skills back and the majority of her memory. She still sometimes mixes up our names, but i can live with that.
I wish nothing but the best for you buddy. I'm not the praying type, but i'm gonna hope to god anyway that your wife makes a speedy recovery!

A little bit of advice, make her laugh! And I'm very serious about that. You mentioned that she "doesn't seem to have any emotions/initiative/personality", well laughter will cure at least one of those. I stongly believe that my mom made a speedy recovery because she had the ability to laugh. Whenever she got frustrated about not being able to do something. instead of giving up, or getting mad, she laughed at it. When your wife starts doing that, then you know she's on the track to recovery.

Kevin Carbotte,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Kerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #122
Brians256
Pro/Staff

As I've been telling people, she could recover a lot, we just don't know. Also, we need to remember that though this is bad, there are people out there who had much worse things happen to them. I got an email from a nice guy who was in a coma for 18 weeks and the ER docs told his mom "it is OK to grieve now". He's looking forward to being able to do simple tasks like bathe himself, and having a great attitude about it! Get this: he wrote to encourage ME. That's courage.
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #123
birdman_icky
Cooling Neophyte

Default Sympathy for Brian

Brian,

I'm IT person at a company that has a lot of older motherly women. When I told some of them about what happened, their heart's sank. They all give their sypathies to you. I had a friend who had a stoke a few years back, but he made what seems to me as a full recovery minus most of the use of his right hand. I know you must be going through h@ll and back, and none of us could really understand what you must be going through, but we can give you our support. How is your kids handling all this, are they taking well?

Brian, everything will get better, it just takes time, I'm sure you know that already, but if you ever need support, you know you can find it online in forums from us.

Eric D.
birdman_icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #124
Gman
Cooling Neophyte

The staff and members of Computing On Demand would like to offer our prayers for your wife's speedy recovery. At the same time, we would like to congratulate you on your newest family member. It's terrible that this joyous event had to coincide with such a disheartening one. As was mentioned in another post, it gladdens my heart to see such an outpouring from the virtual community. We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #125
Bruceleeon
Cooling Neophyte

Bruceleeon - admin - COD

Gman, thanks for telling me

I don't know what i can say or do to help, I have no idea what it must feel like being in your shoes right now, but i can say this. CONGRATULATIONS on your baby... Mine = 15 mos ONLY 1 child for me though. He is a maniac. Diapers - YUCK!! I never knew something so small can make a stentch so gross. It is quite an experience though, the first time they take their steps, the first words... you get to relive it for the 4th time. Good luck in everything... and keep us posted please.
Bruceleeon is offline   Reply With Quote