Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 12-01-2000, 05:49 AM   #26
teras
Cooling Neophyte

i just hope it doesn't all of a sudden just die.
teras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2000, 11:28 AM   #27
krunchHead
Cooling Neophyte

did you read that ridiculous peice of filth over at the athlonoc forums? Anyway, it is very runnable, as i am running it now and have been 24-7 since the last time it got chipped about three months ago. IF you read a lot of the early reviews of the socket a processors, you will find that many people doing reviews accidentally chipped their cpu's due the amazing strees you must put on the core to install most socket a cpu's these days. Thats what happened to me. Changing out heatsinks (tryin to figure out for myself which one worked the best) it got is edges rounded a bit. It's not CRACKED. cracked would make it dead and have a line going through the core where it's broken. many people have the same kind of thing i do, where a corner or two will be slightly grinded off due to uneven pressure on the cpu. But if it runs once that happens, it runs. Some people think that it might just stop working, which is complete bullshit. If you put a heatsink on and arent careful you could crack it again, but it certainly hasnt been weakened or comprimised in any way. The nature of the wear on this chip is chipped, meaning it isnt going to splinter and crack further for no reason and die. Just be as careful as you would any other socket a chip and it will be perfectly fine.

------------------
no need to brag here, its fast
eval:http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=crunchyhead

[This message has been edited by krunchHead (edited 12-01-2000).]
krunchHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2000, 02:44 PM   #28
teras
Cooling Neophyte

ok
Unread 12-02-2000, 06:56 PM   #29
teras
Cooling Neophyte

just wondering if ya still got that chip....can't wait to put it on my new kt pro2.
Unread 12-02-2000, 07:58 PM   #30
krunchHead
Cooling Neophyte

im holdin it just like you said.
Unread 12-04-2000, 12:54 PM   #31
krunchHead
Cooling Neophyte

hey teras. Im ready to finish up this trade, you still interested? email me at crunchhead@athlooc.com . I held it for you, I hope you still are going to buy!
jake

------------------
no need to brag here, its fast
eval:http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=crunchyhead