Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > Reseller/Vendor Ratings
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reseller/Vendor Ratings You want to give your impressions of a company or a vendor you did business with, Heres a place to do it!

Unread 09-06-2004, 05:22 AM   #1
anomaly
Cooling Neophyte

Default Does anyone at Cooltechnica read emails?

Hey folks

Does anyone have any experience ordering from Cooltechnica.com? I've had an order pending for almost a month due to the unavailability of a part. Thats cool and all, but since I'm in Taiwan, I've sent a few emails asking for a quote on shipping charges from the states and also added a few more items to the order . I specifically asked that someone reply so I can be sure my emails are actually getting through so I can pay up any differences on the new stuff in the order. So far no reply. I'm sure Bruce is busy and all, or has gone on vacation again (like in the other thread on the forum). I'm sure Cooltechnica is a reputable vendor, but I just need a sign of life from someone working there!

I've already been billed by paypal for my original order and my credit card payment is due in a couple of days. Am I asking for too much? I just need the slightest sign of life that someone there is looking after my order. :shrug:
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Did they require you to pay via paypal before shipping? I hate it when companies charge my card prior to shipping. Bruce is out of the country visiting his relatives but if I see him on ICQ I'll link him back here.
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
anomaly
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Did they require you to pay via paypal before shipping? I hate it when companies charge my card prior to shipping. Bruce is out of the country visiting his relatives but if I see him on ICQ I'll link him back here.
Hi there

Its all cool, I chose paypal because they have seller protection, and I don't mind paying first. I just didn't know Bruce was out of the country. Just on his website, its saying business as usual, etc. So I thought someone was looking after things. Its ok if anyone knew his whereabouts

I'm sure he will come through in the end. The waterblock I ordered isn't in stock anyway. I guess I better pay my credit card bill though.

Do you know when Bruce is returning home and will resume business full swing?

thanks
Unread 09-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

he has a partner that should be running things in his absence. I'll see what I can do
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 02:53 AM   #5
anomaly
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
he has a partner that should be running things in his absence. I'll see what I can do
Thanks a lot, Appreciate your help
Unread 09-10-2004, 03:48 AM   #6
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Hi anomaly,

What's your order number? [EDIT] PM me you order #, and I'll see what's going on[/EDIT]

Bruce

Last edited by dacooltech; 09-10-2004 at 04:14 AM.
dacooltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 05:24 AM   #7
2Busy
Cooling Neophyte

I just placed an order with them a week ago today. I had sent an email prior to my order with questions. The email was answered in about 3 or 4 days. My order showed up complete yesterday. I would consider that fairly fast turnaround considering a holiday in the middle of the ship period.
2Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 08:03 PM   #8
anomaly
Cooling Neophyte

Hey folks, everything is a-ok now! Bruce has returned and is sorting everything out as we speak. Cheers to Bruce and Cooltechnica
Unread 01-21-2005, 01:51 AM   #9
nimrod_o
Cooling Neophyte

I seem to be having the same problems, no Email replies.
I don't feel like paying before i get some shipping questions answered.
I live ouside of the US and when filling out the order form, the only option available is UPS Worldwide Express - which is too expensive.
While under the Policies information it clearly states that "Unless otherwise noted all international shipments will be made via FedEx International Priority or Economy. " - both of which are cheaper.

Has anybody outside of the US managed to order from them using one of thier shipping options listed in their policies?

---Update---
Shipping options have been rectified on the site....- but still no reply to emails.
I went a head and ordered....then got an "automatic Email response" from them...
I hope this order becomes successful...Despite the silence.

--Update---
Well i got an answer from sales...at this point i have to say their customer service is superb....two thumbs up.
Still i had a hell of a time trying to put my order in.

--Update--- 17/02/2005
My package was sent via U.S.P.S. Global Airmail Parcel Post, Registered and insured - this was on the 26/01/2005.
It Finally arrived! (over 20 days - guess USPS - isn't a great option).
Again must say the customer service is superb. - will buy from them again.

Nim

Last edited by nimrod_o; 02-17-2005 at 12:02 PM.
nimrod_o is offline   Reply With Quote