Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 11-23-2002, 12:14 PM   #1
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

Default nForce w/c Setup in the works also External :)

I'm starting my project for my current nForce 1 system which will be upgraded to nForce two in the coming month as soon as i can get some definate ideas on which nForce 2 is overclockable. Right now all i have is ideas and a heatercore. This coming week of thanksgiving i plan on purchasing most everything i need hopefully with some insight from you guys.
Heres what i have to work with:

I will be constructing a Plexi-Glass external case for the watercooling setup aka (rad,fan,pump,resv) then just running appropriate tubing into the computer to fit my waterblock and maybe a gpu block.

I already purchased a 75 Ford Bronco Heatercore which measure apprx. 6x7x2 The input/output tubes come straightup about 3 inches from the rad. I do not know the fitting size but they measure a little over a half an inch.

Hypothetically if i was to cool a CPU and a GPU with this rad can someone give me #gph for a pump i should get. I see alot of 150gph ones then people jump right up into the 300-500gph pumps. This confuses me since i believe i need an understanding of pressure drop accross the rad and tubing.

After the pump i need to purchase a fan and maybe a shroud? I believe a 120mm fan would be the right fit for my rad. Suggestions on manufactuer from personal expierence? From what i read panaflow are the best.

Finally the waterblocks i'm not sure if i can afford a gpu one yet but i do have a visiontek ti4200 card which i think is perfect for some w/c oc'ing. Dangerden's maze3 seems to be a big hit and most likely what i will go with or the new swiftech mcw500's? but i have limitied knowledge beyond swiftech and dangerden for waterblocks are their others that may be better?

Tubing i think will be rather easy to pick up maybe at a local lowe's or home depot.

After i get this part listing together i will have to approximate how much plexi-glass to buy .. i would really like to build a in box reservoir in the plexi-glass box maybe seal it off with caulk. How would this work ? would i need an overflow area to?
Peltiers are they really needed .. or are they for the extreme cooler?

With all this info i bet my computer specs will help
I have a Thermaltake Xaser 6000 case alluminium
MSI K7N420-D nForce 1 (soon to be nForce 2)
1600+ unlocked the overclockable stepping one
kingston value ram 512mb
visiontek ti4200 128mb card
If you would like to see pictures of my current cooling setup you can check them out here
Thanks, if you have a question i will be checking back frequently i'm on break for a week.
Mike R.

Last edited by Shreder-X; 11-24-2002 at 10:12 AM.
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2002, 01:18 PM   #2
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

For a res, think clear PVC from USPlastic. It'd be easier and more reliable than glued Plexiglass.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #3
redleader
Thermophile

That clear PVC is indeed nice. The trick is tapping it so you can get barbs in. Putting a straight hole into the side of a cylander isn't easy without a good drill press. Works awesome though once you get it inside the comp
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote