Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 09-18-2000, 08:47 PM   #1
alen
Cooling Neophyte

Default AOpen Memory Modules

Does anyone here have any information about the AOpen memory module? I think that this AOpen brand has just won the award in Canada from one of the largest computers show. The performance review has lifted its reputation equal to Kingston's modules... Any information will be appreciated. I need it do some testing before I bring them into our production line.
alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2000, 11:32 PM   #2
stetson116

I do have an experience that would like to let you know Alan!

After hearing a few rave reviews of the new APacer PC133 64MB memory modules, I went out and got myself one. First off after I installed it and starting running on my new upgraded Intel 733 PC, my system crashed.

Then I have go get another piece of memory from a different vendor, which is Aopen. Luckily, there is no doubt that I paid and got every bit of its performance from this award winning modules from the Canadian PC reviewers just last month.
What it really brings to me is a quality and cost-effective module that out on the market right now comparing to others¡K¡K¡K..
Unread 10-12-2000, 10:06 PM   #3
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

I tried to get some AOpen modules but AOpen isnt sell'n em for a bit they sayd... weird eh?

------------------
C-ya
Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe (edited 10-12-2000).]
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2000, 07:40 PM   #4
stetson116

well, I did purchased it from one of their distributor in Kirkland, WA named "Able Computer". They carries some of AOpen's PC133 128MB modules. But the supply is not in a large volume. I was on their customer list that informed me when the modules got to the store. Maybe you can give it a try or shop on its Outlet if you can become one of their reseller....... http://www.openoutlet.com/

Yes, I'm using lots of their products if you would have asked me more on the details of AOpen's products. I do own their CD-ROM, motherboard, vga card and of course the memory module.

Good luck!