Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-06-2001, 02:12 AM   #1
Vorg
Cooling Neophyte

Default radiators

I started a water cooled system a few months ago, but have been waiting for the KT266 chipset to come out. It looks like another month or 2 at least before it's ready and my old k6-3 450 is getting too slow for my needs. Plus windows is growing more unstable and may not hold out that long.

Did some looking around and see there are a couple new radiators that may be better then what I was using.

ftp://208.32.95.12:2400/shot1.jpg
ftp://208.32.95.12:2400/shot2.jpg

2 120mm Panaflow fans drawing through a radiator i got from carparts.com. It's like the one on the Danger den sight right below the cube unit only about an 1" wider. A couple of problems with my setup. Placing the pump on the power supply puts it in the air flow maybe blocking it some, The fans are only 3/8" from the radiator when I read they should be 1", and the drive cables may cause some air blockage being very close to the other side of the radiator. Also, I'm wondering of the cube units from DD and BE might be effcient. Mine is considered a Low Pressure Drop cooler which would keep the water moving, but the others look like might work better.

I was thinking maybe going with one of the cube units, sitting the pump down in the bottom of the case, and ether leaving the 1 Panaflow blowing through the power supply to get the rest of the case air out or put one on each side of a cube unit. Also, Has anyone compaired the DD and BE cube units? The BE unit is bigger with more passes.

The case originally had 3 80mm on the front and 1 92 on the rear plus mounts for 4 80mm fans around the drive bays and 1 92mm that just blows inside air on the cpu area. I changed the front to 3 92mm Y.S. tech fans, and used 4 80mm thermaSense fans around the drive bays. I inlarged the holes in the bay sides to allow more air to the fans:
ftp://208.32.95.12:2400/shot3.jpg

The panaflow fans replace the rear 92mm and the powersupply area was to be sealed off so that the Panaflows double as exhust fans.

The pump is a model 1048 Eheimm
Vorg is offline   Reply With Quote