Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 10-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #26
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdb
...Giving it a smack would get it spinning...
That doesnt exactly give me a warm secure feeling... The machine I want to put this in will be VERY rarely turned off but still... Needing to hit the pump to make it work doesnt make me feel very good.
JamesAvery22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #27
saperboy
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAvery22
That doesnt exactly give me a warm secure feeling... The machine I want to put this in will be VERY rarely turned off but still... Needing to hit the pump to make it work doesnt make me feel very good.
it's possible that the inlet barb were over-screwed such that the barb's already touching the impeller, hindering it's movement.
saperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #28
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

No the inlet barb was not overscrewed, I checked for that. My best guess at the moment was that it was just a tight seal on the shaft. After running it for 24 hours the flow rate increased till it stabilized at 31" of back pressure on the system (started out at 24"), and I have never seen the startup problem since. I think you just need to break the shaft seal in.
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 11:43 AM   #29
allnighter
Cooling Neophyte

Just thought I would share some info I just received from Danny at D-Tek:

I just got an update. The pumps are assembled. They will be shipping today or tommorrow in route to us. They are setup for 3-day delivery to us but with customs it could be more like 5 days. They will then begin shipping out to the pre-orders. I am waiting for the shipping confirmation before I post anything on the website.

Thanks,
Danny

I guess that would mean sometime next week we finally get to see them here in the US.
allnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 12:20 PM   #30
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnighter

I guess that would mean sometime next week we finally get to see them here in the US.
Uh.. They said they would get them in 5 days 8 days ago...

How long has this been going on???
Unread 10-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #31
allnighter
Cooling Neophyte

I know, I was thinking the same thing. Tha's why I e-mailed D-Tek last week. His response came in this morning. So the clock is reset. Again.
Unread 10-05-2004, 12:52 PM   #32
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Maybe csystems, or whatever is left of em, is bojangling on shipping. Maybe Canadian customs is worse then they think. Maybe UPS lost a shipment. Maybe Santa stole them. Whatever the reason they need to just say so.
At my job, if a project is constantly late and I just keep saying "No no it will be just 5 more days." for a few months, I wouldn't have a job.

I understand these things arent produced on a massive scale and delays are inevitable. I'd just like to know whats going on...
Unread 10-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #33
WarlordBB
Cooling Neophyte

I'm thinking of building a CPU/GPU 3/8" system with a dTek Pro Core 120 and a res. I haven't picked my CPU/GPU blocks yet but I'm pretty sure the CPU will be a jet style.

I know there are enough unknowns to make a definative answer difficult but is it possilbe that using only one CSP750 will get the job done?

If not, someone mentioned you could get the dual mounting hardware at Home Depot. Did they mean _the_ mounting hardware or just the fact that Home Depot has stock sheet metal and foam and such IOW, the DIY style mounting that, in my case, would look getto.

(The real reason I'm asking this is because it appears dTek has the single CSP750's in stock but not the dual. I was thinking I could order one of them and if it doesn't work well enough, order another and make my own dual.)

Edit: It should be apparant that I'm not in the "performance at any cost even if my ears bleed" crowd. I'm in the "willing to sacrafice some performance for astetics and quietness" crowd. Therefore I'm NOT asking "will using only one CSP750 be as good as using two" or even "will using one give me _best_ performance".

TIA
WarlordBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #34
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB
I'm thinking of building a CPU/GPU 3/8" system with a dTek Pro Core 120 and a res. I haven't picked my CPU/GPU blocks yet but I'm pretty sure the CPU will be a jet style.

I know there are enough unknowns to make a definative answer difficult but is it possilbe that using only one CSP750 will get the job done?

If not, someone mentioned you could get the dual mounting hardware at Home Depot. Did they mean _the_ mounting hardware or just the fact that Home Depot has stock sheet metal and foam and such IOW, the DIY style mounting that, in my case, would look getto.

(The real reason I'm asking this is because it appears dTek has the single CSP750's in stock but not the dual. I was thinking I could order one of them and if it doesn't work well enough, order another and make my own dual.)
When I was planning on getting a pair of CSPs I was going to just use a threaded adapter to actually screw the two together. So get a 1/4" npt threaded to threaded adapter and screw the inlet of one pump to the outlet of the other. They would be a alittle off center but theres easy ways around that.

Link to mcmaster item

Im not sure if HD has those fittings. The fittings that HD has really differs from store to store. Especially what they feel like keeping in stock.
You can find the stuff on www.mcmaster.com though.

As for mounting its VERY hard to say since you didnt indicate how you want to mount it HD doesnt carry some specific mounting for a CSP750. But if you do go ask a HD employee please video it, that'd be awesome.

Id plan to mount it on some foam or something though. Others have complained about vibration...

Last edited by JamesAvery22; 10-07-2004 at 10:13 AM.
Unread 10-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #35
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

You definitely need to mount on foam, if the CSP750 is hard up against a metal case wall it buzzes and whines like crazy. On foam it's very quiet. While I was fiddling around with my system putting it together I just got some adhesive backed foam rubber weather stripping at Home Depot and stuck a bunch on the pump and it works great. My pump is still not mounted in the case, it just sits in the bottom.
One CPS750 will certainly do the job. Two CSP750's in series won't double the flow rate, it'll go up roughly 25% - 30% . If you get a CPU block that doesn't need high flow rates to work well ( like the Swiftech MCW6000) you won't notice a large improvement going to 2 pumps in series. So it depends on your preferences for cost/performance tradeoffs.
Unread 10-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #36
Stang_Man
Cooling Neophyte

grr, i'm waiting

when will dtek finally have them!!!
Stang_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #37
Becks
Cooling Neophyte

"8/27- The CSP 750 Pumps are on pre-order again. These are going to be the new Mark II versions. I will get pictures posted when I can get ahold of some. Epected time of delivery is in 2 weeks so get your order in now as they will sell out fast."

8/27 + 2 weeks = ...

9/27 "The pumps are shipping this week to us. It should be about 5 days until they arrive to us."

9/27 + 5 days = ...

"10/05- The CSP Mark II pumps are assembled and ready to ship to us in a day or two. From there it takes anywhere from 3-5 days to arrive depending on customs."

10/10 + 7 days = ...

Most likely it'll be 2 months of waiting on these pumps.. without ONCE saying "_____ reason the pumps are being delayed"

"I wanted to get an actual timeframe before posting anything on this site as far as status goes since it was changing day by day. There will be more information when they arrive."
... that makes no sense, maybe you would get an actual timeframe before setting a new date, but you would not wait on a actual timeframe to inform that the current date is no longer has any meaning.

Low prices or convenience is not going to make me order from dtek again, I'll go out of my way from now for the principle of it. Honestly I have no reasons to have the pumps now anyways, had I gotten them a month ago they would have been on my shelf... the only thing that pisses me off is the way dtek has handled this (and previous preorders). The funny part is, I've always found people to be VERY understanding when you just keep them informed... heh, I don't know why this is bothering me so much.
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 07:28 AM   #38
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks
heh, I don't know why this is bothering me so much.

yeah it got to me too. Just burn the 15$ and get it from bigfootcomputers. I gave up on the CSPs, buying a mag3 now
Unread 10-13-2004, 09:21 AM   #39
allnighter
Cooling Neophyte

Well good news finally! It seems that Danny finally got the pumps in and wil start shipping today. It was about time.
Unread 10-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #40
Tempus
Cooling Savant

Just want to chime in. I preordered the Mk2s once Dtek had them up for pre-order. Of course, they charged my CC that day but no part of the order has shipped.

I do love giving someone my money and hoping they don't forget. Crappy system there - great for their bottom line. Last time I buy from them.

So its been -- 3-4 weeks and no word. No emails. Nothing on their page.

Like I said, last time I order from them. I hope the damn pump is worth it.
Unread 10-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #41
Becks
Cooling Neophyte

"We will start processing and shipping orders tommorrow."

Wonder what 'processing' could be left.. as you pointed out they charge the cc soon as you click order.. I would say printing a label and sticking it on the box is part of shipping the order.. processing is pretty much done when they get their money.
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #42
allnighter
Cooling Neophyte

I imagine it's probably going down the list and looking for those that didn't bug him and pi$$ him off during the wait and filling those orders first would be a kind of processing.
The rest of us come right after.
Unread 10-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #43
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

I sent an email to CSP about my CSP750's occasionally having a startup problem when I first got them and they said they pack the bearing seal with a lot of grease during assembly to protect it should somebody start it up dry when they first get it ( running it dry is a very bad idea) and all the pumps exhibit that breakin phenomenon. All my start up problems and pump performance maxed out after 24 hours of running and I have had no startup problems since the first hour or so of running the pumps. So run your pump for a few hours (wet, not dry) to break it in and eliminate startup problems. CSP was very responsive to my emails and the variety of concerns which I raised they had answers for. They seem to be on top of the design, but they are still getting production buttoned down.
After several weeks of use and experimenting with the CPS750 including taking it apart I must say that despite the early teething problems I am extremely happy with the pump. It is small, mounted on foam it's extremely quiet, it has 1/4" NPT fittings which gives a lot of flexibility for plumbing and connectors, and it's reasonably priced. My interests are in building moderately overclocked but very quiet systems. I'll be buying more of these pumps. I didn't want to wait on DTEK so I just ordered my CPS750's from Bigfoot in canada, they shipped quickly.
Unread 10-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #44
Tempus
Cooling Savant

I should have posted this weekend but I was too busy.

D-tek shipped my CSP750. It showed up friday.
I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Was rebuilding something else.

Did a once over visual and it looks "cute." Very small. Seems solid. Put on the barbs and they seem okay, which means very little since I haven't hooked it up to test it.

I'll try to repost once I get something done/
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #45
Abe White
Cooling Neophyte

Still waiting to hear anything from dtek. Only 2 months. A nice "weve packed them and sent them" would be nice.
The postman has to cross the pond with them so could be weeks yet...

Abe
Abe White is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #46
allnighter
Cooling Neophyte

Still waiting too. Apparently there were multiple shipments of pumps from C-Sytems to D-Tek so there's another delay. The second batch should have made it it by now so I'm crossing fingers (but not holding breath) it may be this week... or month.
We'll see.