Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-19-2001, 11:59 AM   #1
'\\'híte'
Cooling Neophyte

Default Internally mounted evap towers?

Hey, Ive got a system running now and im satisfyed but I ve got a big project coming up.

The idea is to run 2 evaporation towers inline in the case. The case would be an addtronics server big boy so size wise I could craft something.

All I dont really know is if you'd loose you're efficiency from the towers if they're below a certain size.

Has anyone ever tried? did it work? I'll probably be using some aluminum tubes since it probably wont be a permanent system anyways and i hope what might help cooling a little more than PVC Again I dont know if it's a good idea and im hoping you guys could shed some light on it.

Im sorry if this has been discussed to hell and back but im a newbie at this forum, bare with me Thanks in avance for your replies.

\\'hÃ*te
'\\'híte' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2001, 12:26 AM   #2
redleader
Thermophile

I wouldn't do it, but if you do make sure that you have all the vapor being blown out of the case. The cold steel of the case will condense tons of water out of the evaporator otherwise.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2001, 08:19 PM   #3
imagex
Cooling Savant

i run a out of case evap system and i found that the room will soak up the vapor and the system won't work to it's max, wet air won't evap. so i ducked the air into my home ac air handler witch removes the water and keeps the air dryer in my computer room.
Unread 07-20-2001, 11:50 PM   #4
OcPunK
Cooling Savant

http://www.bongcooler.homestead.com/main.html

Going back to a radiator soon filling the bong is too much of a pain.