Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 09-12-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Default spray polyurethane insulator

3 20 oz cans Dolph's ER-41 (red), 1 can EB-41 (black). See Dolph spray chart.
Rescued from a church fund raiser / yard sale. Looked like they were going to get tossed, but I think this is the stuff you coat your motherboard with if you're anticipating condensation problems. I don't expect I'll ever go sub-dew-point so I grabbed these thinking someone here might want one (or more).
I'm not looking to make money, well, if you wanted to give me the $1 I paid for 'em that'd be fine, but my guess is that this will be a PITA to ship because it's aerosol spray and flammable (acetone, xylene, propane, butane), so I'd like something to compensate for the "PITA factor" plus shipping. (If you're Ph, BillA, BBen, or one of the other regular posters here you've already done plenty - let me know if you want 'em - Cathar, you too, but I don't expect you want 'em shipped to Aus). I'd be very happy to be compensated with a 6-pack of some kind of beer I haven't had before. If you're in the Boston area and can drive over, there's no PITA, so just come over and get 'em with my complements.
Oh - and if this stuff is worth less than UPS shipping, someone please pipe up and I'll just take 'em to hazardous waste day (and no they don't take plutonium there, I've already asked ) Oh - and also please let me know if this is not the stuff for m-board coating...
Bob
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I'll try a can. I'll PM you my info. Got PayPal?

I want the black.

edit: otherwise, the popular product is Conformal coating, as outlined in Joe's article, here:
http://www.procooling.com/articles/h...per_coolin.php
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
nicozeg
Cooling Savant

Man thats crazy! just envisioned a full system assembled with cards, blocks and piping, covered with that thing, fully waterproof.

use a fishtank big enough for the wole thing and use it as the reservoir! so instead the tipical "res inside a loop", you have a "loop inside a res"

Then the whole thing can be conected to a water chiller I have here just collecting dust.

I want it!
I want to make the first full submersion sys, with non Sci-Fi liquids! Muahahahahahahhhh

nicozeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
nicozeg
Cooling Savant

In Reeeeeeed color.....

Like Ferrari.........

like saying....... Danger - Hot Area........
nicozeg is offline   Reply With Quote