Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 01-26-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Default Diagonal high pressure fans FOUND.

Found the diagonal high pressure fans in the USA.

These are 127 x 38mm fans drawing 20 watts for a CFM of 158.9 and a pressure rate of 1.06" H2O and Dba of 56. I know that the power draw and noise rates are both higher that the normal axial fans, but the pressure rate is much higher.

www.ebm.com Then search for a DV5212 fan or under all fan types with a CFM 150-160. THe page for these is so new at the site that they don't have a pressure curve graph or even a picture yet for these fans. I confirmed by e-mail with their sales dept. that these are the same fans, and the same stats as above.
They alos have larger ones than these but doubt the would be of use as the power draw is of course even higher as is the noise.

Hope this is of help to someone.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
Since87
Pro/Guru - Uber Mod

I'm going to buy the 24V version. The website says that it has a DBA of zero.

One thing to note, is that the voltage range they're spec'd to operate at is relatively tight. (11V to 13V for the 12V version.)

Most axial fans spec a wider range. I'm not sure you can count on undervolting to drop the noise much.
Since87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 03:21 AM   #3
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Since87,

LOL, man I completly missed that typo when I checked it out to start with. Good eye.

The voltage thing might be a good deal less funny.

Still, think I'll have to get one in due time. I had some unexpected expenses that have for the moment wiped my building fund.
Unread 03-09-2003, 02:16 AM   #4
redleader
Thermophile

I don't see a price.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:20 PM   #5
redleader
Thermophile

Anyone try them?
Unread 04-08-2003, 08:37 PM   #6
Blackeagle
Thermophile

I still havn't purchased any yet. But thinking on doing so soon, they might be of interest to BillA or others working on the sim project. If BillA or others are interested in use of them as a extreme example of what a high pressure fan can do I'd send them to Bill.

These fans produce a pressure rate far above a normal axial fan. They are rated at 1.06" of H2O which is about half again what the most radical 120mm or 127mm axials can do. Thus they would drive a heck of a air flow through a 2" core.

I'll post a price when I get one on them here. Will see what I can find out tomorrow.
Unread 05-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #7
JSimmons
Cooling Savant

Location: 4-sided room with an exit going east, and an exit going south

There is a place that sells the Dynatron CF-001 which appears to use the QG030 fan (probably the 51cfm version).

If you remove the motor cage, this fan will juuuuust fit in that little area above the expansion ports in a typical ATX case.

The Dynatron sells for $17, but they're hard to find, and Dynatron is in Germany (I think).

If you guys are talking about a different kind of fan, pardon me.
JSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2003, 03:21 AM   #8
redleader
Thermophile

Yeah thats a specialized blower.

Diagonal fans are modified axial fans that have some of the advatages of radial fans, specifically higher pressure.