Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
RADCOM
Cooling Neophyte

Default design help req

Sorry still a water cooling newbie.... the swiftech apogee doesn't seem to have an inlet or outlet does it matter which hose I use as I have two in series. Pardon me I lost the documentation
Also on water pumps does it matter which way I pump .....I have an aqua extreme and a swiftech MCP655. Any sort of diagrams for a system with a resevoir would be helpful. I seem to have gone brain dead today and looking at peoples set up in the gallery section hasn't helped! one of my systems has two cpus and the other one...in the two cpu the triple radiator is on the top of the case with the outlets going through the top. Many thanks in advance.
RADCOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
jman1310
Cooling Savant

Default Re: design help req

flow direction doesn't matter on the apogee
whatever is fits in your system

always put the res before the suction side of the pump
everything else doesn't matter because the water will have about 1 degree in difference between it's hottest and it's coldest
jman1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 04:09 AM   #3
RADCOM
Cooling Neophyte

Thank you Iman 1310 nit's nice to be re-assured
RADCOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Erm... depending on the orientation of your motherboard (and so, the orientation of your block) you might want to think about having the water exit whichever inlet/outlet is the highest - just to have one less place for bubbles to form. Not a big deal as bubbles don't tend to form where the water is moving quickly and that would not be in your block...
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote