Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 12-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #51
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Some 10" fans for the air jockeys:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phase2-int2.jpg (43.1 KB, 37 views)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #52
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Some Slot A goodness:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phase2-comp3.jpg (36.1 KB, 38 views)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:34 PM   #53
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

And a different view:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phase2-comp2.jpg (47.4 KB, 37 views)
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:39 PM   #54
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

It's coming along. Picture that with three of those cases stacked without the printer, but with a firewall/router on top keeping the peace.

Nothing ever gets above 44C. Total sound output is estimated at about 48 dB when the fans are on full (37-38 dB with them on low), but the sound is low toned, making it not nearly as bad as the equivalent in high pitched screamer fans.

The coolant is a distilled water and isopropanol mix. There is no smell from this system, even though the cap is not completely sealed (I don't want to teflon tape it ... it gives it a bit of breathability, though it means I will have to replenish the isopropanol occasionally due to slow evaporation).
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:57 PM   #55
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I don't know... I would have gone with the blower featured here if I was you.

What happened to the quick-disconnect fittings?

What's going on with the pump? I thought you were returning it?

I think you should try to mount that pump, instead of letting it lie at the bottom loosely.

Congratulations on the article, it's top notch!
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 05:50 PM   #56
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I went away from quick disconnects to my current system out of fears of reduced flow. Currently, I just need to dismount the block and it will snake out the back of the case with no hose removal necessary.

The pump is mounted how it is due to size, and due to the fact that I watched it collapse 1" BRAIDED tubing due to extreme suction. I wanted to fit it on the PVC structure nearly directly to prevent this from fuxoring my PCs. It made sense to me. This lack of mounting (free sitting) also allows me to sit it on a bed of padding to reduce vibration, which is significant.

The first pump was returned and this one is a brand new unit.

A blower would be too loud for my tastes, and still not provide the air flow of these two fans (1100 CFM max between them both). The caravels were $40 for the two of them, which is a deal I couldn't pass up. It also looks badass, which doesn't hurt.