Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 12-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #26
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig
Lookin pretty good so far, It looks like you should make a block to space the head out a little further to make use of more of the table.

Jon
Sherline sells those blocks spacificaly for that reason .

I already have one on there and plan to add another. It will be stout enough after i add the top brace for the Z slide.

I also figured out the slop in the lead screws. I pulled the table off this morning. Damn thing weights about 75lbs! I found a little backlash nut. Both are way off. Probably has never been adjusted. I have the table in pieces right now and cleaning all the parts. There is some nasty dried up grease on it. Must be some of that old school shit they used 20 years ago. Hard to get off but I got it. Will have some pics up later of it all.

Next part is to make the stepper motor brackets and the couplers. I still have no idea how compatible the lead screws are compared to the one's on the Sherline. I have a feeling one turn on the Sherline is not going to equal one turn on this table. I also got the table to move a lot more freely. They had the gibs pretty much locked down and the old dried grease didn't help.

I started a thread at CNCZONE in the project logs. That forum is pretty hidden so not to many people looking at it. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7312
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #27
JFettig
Cooling Savant

The leadscrew issue isnt one. its rather simple to set up in the software. Make sure you specify that you arent gonna try to use those dinky motors to move that table

If you go with ballscrews, make sure to cover them well.

Jon
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #28
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig
The leadscrew issue isnt one. its rather simple to set up in the software. Make sure you specify that you arent gonna try to use those dinky motors to move that table

If you go with ballscrews, make sure to cover them well.

Jon
I am going to use them at first. Just to make sure it all works well. Once that is varified I will buy bigger motors. I think i found the lead screw setting in my software. Not sure what to do with them but I will worry about that later. Also I think i am wrong about the full 200 step. Looks as if it is only using 40. :shrug: Bah, lot's to learn yet.

Also that backlash nut setup is not to good. I will post some pics of it soon.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote