Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

View Poll Results: Mcafee or norton antivirus?
Mcafee Virus Scan 7 Pro 2 6.45%
Norton AntiVirus 2004 Pro 29 93.55%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #51
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Mcaffee or Norton antivirus?

I removed Norton off all of my computer after they put out a bad signature that reported a virus that was not there. I spent 3 day chasing something that wasn't. Symantic never reponded or act knowledge thay even had a problem. But their next update that came through on a sunday, which they never do, correct the problem. Their overhead has gotten so large that it take a minimum 3 ghz P4 to get a 350 mhz performace.

I'm currently using Macfee becaused its offered free. It was able to find a couple of virus in zips the Symantic missed. The files (virus) was on the computer for 9 mo, w/full scan weekly.

I had one scan by Macfee reporting a problem, when I checked there web site to inquire about it. They said it was a bad signature that would be corrected on the next update. Macfee is at least Up front and Honest when they make a mistake.
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #52
nexxo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbug
My vote for Kapersky av or Nod32, they find everything that norton fails to find and does not drain your pc:s resources, Have tryed Norton for two years, Mcaffee for one, and felt in love for Nod32 and kapersky after that.
Second that. Any other AV is inadequate by comparison.
Unread 03-28-2006, 12:14 AM   #53
clone
Cooling Savant

Working at a company that currently has symantic antivirus corp ver 10 rolled out to 27,000 devices i am biased and have to pick SAV.
clone is offline   Reply With Quote